Moving mailboxes and schedule files between Sites

Moving mailboxes and schedule files between Sites

Post by Keith Moor » Wed, 15 Oct 1997 04:00:00

I am trying to seek out a graphical utility that will allow me to move
users accounts, mailboxes and schedule files between sites. The method of
moving everything to a .PST file seems clumsy and time consuming for an
organisation that will require to move large ammounts of current users to
new sites when required.

If there is nothing out there at the moment does anyone know of any plans
to include such functionality or make such a util. available?

Thanks for your help
Keith Moore

Moving mailboxes and schedule files between Sites

Post by Wayne Abruzz » Wed, 15 Oct 1997 04:00:00

 There is a site-to-site migration utility available in the resource kit.
It takes some time to prepare the .CSV file, but if you have a large number
of users, it is worth it.

Quote:>I am trying to seek out a graphical utility that will allow me to move

Post by Rich Matheis » Thu, 16 Oct 1997 04:00:00

>I am trying to seek out a graphical utility that will allow me to move
>users accounts, mailboxes and schedule files between sites. The method of
>moving everything to a .PST file seems clumsy and time consuming for an
>organisation that will require to move large ammounts of current users to
>new sites when required.

Graphical? No.

But you can try the Mailbox Migration Tool in the Back Office Resource
Kit. It's driven from the command line and parameterized by a comma
separated values file.

1. Moving mailboxes and schedule files between Sites

I am trying to seek out a graphical utility that will allow me to move
users accounts, mailboxes and schedule files between sites. The method of
moving everything to a .PST file seems clumsy and time consuming for an
organisation that will require to move large ammounts of current users to
new sites when required.

If there is nothing out there at the moment does anyone know of any plans
to include such functionality or make such a util. available?

Thanks for your help
Keith Moore

2. Modifying Custom Recipients

3. book for learning Exchange Admin

4. How to enable HTTPS for OWA

5. Exchange 5.5 dead slow over WAN links/modem users

6. Moved mailbox, LOST all Schedule files!

7. Schedule files missing after MAILBOX move

8. Moved mailbox, LOST all Schedule files!

9. Moving mailboxes from one exchange 5.5 site to other site servers