DOMAIN LOST! EXC SERVER OK. HOW TO ?

Post by raybac » Thu, 03 Jul 2003 15:19:39

DEAR ALL

I WILL BE FAST !

I LOST MY DOMAIN. DONT ASK ! NO BACKUP NO NOTHING !

I REBUILD IT, SAME DOMAIN NAME, SAME PDC NAME (PNLY ON DC
IN DOMAIN). I RECREATED THE USERNAMES.

THE EXCHNAGE OF COURCE DOES NOT WORK BECAUSE IT CAND FIND
THE DOMAIN. AS EXCHNAGE SEFVCER IS JUST FINE.

ANY IDEAS HOW TO RECONNECT IT BACK TO THE DOMAIN ?

IF I COPY THE MDB DATA FILES AND REMOVE, REINSTALL THE
EXCHNAGE SERVER (SETIP FOREST PREP, DOMAIN RPEP) AND THEN
REPLACE THE NEW MDB FILES WITH THE OLD , WILL I MANAGE TO
GET THE MESSAGES? I ONLY WANT TO GET THE OLD MESSAGES.
NOTHING ELSE

DOMAIN LOST! EXC SERVER OK. HOW TO ?

Post by Dan Winter [MSFT » Fri, 04 Jul 2003 13:36:00

If you have your mail stores mounted, simply go into the ESM and run the
cleanup agent.  You should see the mailboxes orphan (red X's).  You will
then have the right click option to reconnect it to an account.  You may
consider using the MBCONN utility after running the cleanup agent instead of
doing it manually.  It depends on how many users you have and what your end
goal is.  MBCONN is on the exchange setup CD in the support folder.  We
recommend you use the latest version of MBCONN off of the latest service
pack's support folder.

--
Dan Winter, MCSE
Microsoft Exchange Support

purposes only.

Quote:> DEAR ALL

> I WILL BE FAST !

> I LOST MY DOMAIN. DONT ASK ! NO BACKUP NO NOTHING !

> I REBUILD IT, SAME DOMAIN NAME, SAME PDC NAME (PNLY ON DC
> IN DOMAIN). I RECREATED THE USERNAMES.

> THE EXCHNAGE OF COURCE DOES NOT WORK BECAUSE IT CAND FIND
> THE DOMAIN. AS EXCHNAGE SEFVCER IS JUST FINE.

> ANY IDEAS HOW TO RECONNECT IT BACK TO THE DOMAIN ?

> IF I COPY THE MDB DATA FILES AND REMOVE, REINSTALL THE
> EXCHNAGE SERVER (SETIP FOREST PREP, DOMAIN RPEP) AND THEN
> REPLACE THE NEW MDB FILES WITH THE OLD , WILL I MANAGE TO
> GET THE MESSAGES? I ONLY WANT TO GET THE OLD MESSAGES.
> NOTHING ELSE

DOMAIN LOST! EXC SERVER OK. HOW TO ?

Post by ryback » Sat, 05 Jul 2003 15:27:26

thanks DAN !!

well I actually did it before you post this but you
explain exaclty what I did !

Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>If you have your mail stores mounted, simply go into the
ESM and run the
>cleanup agent.  You should see the mailboxes orphan (red
X's).  You will
>then have the right click option to reconnect it to an
account.  You may
>consider using the MBCONN utility after running the

cleanup agent instead of
Quote:>doing it manually.  It depends on how many users you have
and what your end
>goal is.  MBCONN is on the exchange setup CD in the
support folder.  We
>recommend you use the latest version of MBCONN off of the
latest service
>pack's support folder.

>--
>Dan Winter, MCSE
>Microsoft Exchange Support

>Please do not send email directly to this alias. This

alias is for newsgroup
>purposes only.
confers no rights.

>> DEAR ALL

>> I WILL BE FAST !

>> I LOST MY DOMAIN. DONT ASK ! NO BACKUP NO NOTHING !

>> I REBUILD IT, SAME DOMAIN NAME, SAME PDC NAME (PNLY ON
DC
>> IN DOMAIN). I RECREATED THE USERNAMES.

>> THE EXCHNAGE OF COURCE DOES NOT WORK BECAUSE IT CAND
FIND
>> THE DOMAIN. AS EXCHNAGE SEFVCER IS JUST FINE.

>> ANY IDEAS HOW TO RECONNECT IT BACK TO THE DOMAIN ?

>> IF I COPY THE MDB DATA FILES AND REMOVE, REINSTALL THE
>> EXCHNAGE SERVER (SETIP FOREST PREP, DOMAIN RPEP) AND
THEN
>> REPLACE THE NEW MDB FILES WITH THE OLD , WILL I MANAGE
>> GET THE MESSAGES? I ONLY WANT TO GET THE OLD MESSAGES.
>> NOTHING ELSE

>.

1. DOMAIN LOST! EXC SERVER OK. HOW TO ?

DEAR ALL

I WILL BE FAST !

I LOST MY DOMAIN. DONT ASK ! NO BACKUP NO NOTHING !

I REBUILD IT, SAME DOMAIN NAME, SAME PDC NAME (PNLY ON DC
IN DOMAIN). I RECREATED THE USERNAMES.

THE EXCHNAGE OF COURCE DOES NOT WORK BECAUSE IT CAND FIND
THE DOMAIN. AS EXCHNAGE SEFVCER IS JUST FINE.

ANY IDEAS HOW TO RECONNECT IT BACK TO THE DOMAIN ?

IF I COPY THE MDB DATA FILES AND REMOVE, REINSTALL THE
EXCHNAGE SERVER (SETIP FOREST PREP, DOMAIN RPEP) AND THEN
REPLACE THE NEW MDB FILES WITH THE OLD , WILL I MANAGE TO
GET THE MESSAGES? I ONLY WANT TO GET THE OLD MESSAGES.
NOTHING ELSE

..

.

2. Configure for multiple users

3. Admin Program Fails to start

4. ping server ok - post to public folder ok but No Internal Mail

5. Changing The Display Name With CDO - E_INVALIDARG(80070057)

6. OWA 2000 inside office ok, outside not ok

7. OWA and Security

8. OK OK..it's an MSmail question, but I am desperate

9. OK, this is weird..5 domains hosted?

10. Moving exc 5.5 to another server in a new domain

11. How to actively ensure Exchagne login is OK.

12. IIS Unable to relay. Client authenticates OK.