Contact Lists - Exchange 2000/Outlook

Post by Miles Aykroy » Mon, 22 Jul 2002 19:53:45

I have recently installed Small Business Server 2000. The
users are receiving their mail using Outlook and can
access the internet. So far, so good!

What I am unable to do, is to create a list of all the
people that we deal with, so that everyone can access the
same list of names, addresses etc. I have pored through
the documentaion, scoured the Microsoft website, but have
been unable to find a solution.

All the information points to Address Lists, but nowhere
can I find how to populate them!

Can any one point me in the right direction?

Thanks

Miles Aykroyd

Contact Lists - Exchange 2000/Outlook

Post by Lanwenc » Mon, 22 Jul 2002 21:16:04

You can create mail-enabled contacts for all the relevant addresses & create
a DL for them (and hide the contacts individual contacts from the address
book if you don't want people sending to them directly) or, if you just want
a publicly-accessible contacts list, create a public contacts folder for
them and set permissions appropriately. You can create distribution lists in
there also, and can add categories so people can group/sort them as they
choose. A nice thing to do in that case is to use Sue Mosher's Required
Categories form so people don't create categories themselves and confuse the
issue - see http://www.slipstick.com/dev/olforms/reqcat.htm.

Quote:> I have recently installed Small Business Server 2000. The