problem in exchange2000 with exchange 5.5

problem in exchange2000 with exchange 5.5

Post by Amit » Wed, 21 Aug 2002 16:29:18

hello,i have exchange 5.5 and i have installed on another server
exchange2000.

now i get this message on both exchange servers

An RPC communications error occurred. Unable to bind over RPC. Locality
Table (LTAB) index: 98, Windows 2000/MTA error code: 1722.

what does it meen?

problem in exchange2000 with exchange 5.5

Post by David Sengupta [MVP » Thu, 22 Aug 2002 09:13:58

It means "the <other> server cannot be contacted".

--
David Sengupta  M.T.S., B.Sc., MVP, MCSE, MCSE 2000, CCA  Ottawa, Canada
Exchange Diagnostics: Quest Spotlight on Exchange

Quote:> hello,i have exchange 5.5 and i have installed on another server
> exchange2000.

> now i get this message on both exchange servers

> An RPC communications error occurred. Unable to bind over RPC. Locality
> Table (LTAB) index: 98, Windows 2000/MTA error code: 1722.

> what does it meen?

problem in exchange2000 with exchange 5.5

Post by David Sengupta [MVP » Thu, 22 Aug 2002 09:14:48

Try checking your DNS settings.

--
David Sengupta  M.T.S., B.Sc., MVP, MCSE, MCSE 2000, CCA  Ottawa, Canada
Exchange Diagnostics: Quest Spotlight on Exchange
http://www.quest.com/spotlight_exchange
Exchange Management: http://www.microsoft.com/mom
Exchange FAQ - http://www.swinc.com/resource/exch_faq.htm

Quote:> hello,i have exchange 5.5 and i have installed on another server
> exchange2000.

> now i get this message on both exchange servers

> An RPC communications error occurred. Unable to bind over RPC. Locality
> Table (LTAB) index: 98, Windows 2000/MTA error code: 1722.

> what does it meen?

1. Mirating to Exchange2000 from 5.5 problem

I have two Windows 2000 Servers one with Exchange 5.5 on it an being used by
my company. I have installed Exchange 2000 on a different Server and added
it in the site of my Exchange 5.5 and everything looks fine. The only
problem I have is that the move Mailbox doesn't show under the Exchange
Tasks in AD. I found an article that said I need to install the Exchange
System Manager on the Server with Exchange 5.5 on it to get the move mailbox
option but I only get the option to upgrade the whole server to Exchange
2000 and I can't change so that only the Manager installs. Can anyone shed
some light on this for me?

Ken Hathaway

2. Internal emailing...

3. problem joining a 5.5 site with Exchange2000

4. Exchange/Outlook Client using TCP/IP

5. Can`t install exchange2000, wizard asking for exchange 5.5 server

6. Never-ending meeting

7. Move Mailbox from Exchange 5.5 to Exchange2000

8. database doesn't mount after changing the subnet mask and IP adres of the server_.nws

9. Upgrading to Exchange2000 server from a NT4 exchange 5.5 configuration

10. Ratio of Exchange2000 vs. Exchange 5.5 install base

11. upgrade from EXCHANGE 5.5 to EXCHANGE2000

12. Ratio of Exchange2000 vs. Exchange 5.5 install base

13. Exchange 5.5 to Exchange2000 migration question