Store.exe cpu usage 100% caused by Mcafee Groupshield 5

Store.exe cpu usage 100% caused by Mcafee Groupshield 5

Post by Neil » Thu, 13 Dec 2001 20:08:05

Hi, like many others we have been plagued by problems on
exchange 2000.  The store.exe process ran constantly at
95-100%(cpu).

We disabled Mcafee groupshield services and restared the
information store.  Since then the overall cpu usage of
the server has been 0-5%.

I'm aware that this was a problem in groupshield 4.5 and
exchange 5.5, but we are using exchange 2000 sp2 and
groupshield 5, has anyone else had problems with this
combination?

As a result we are uninstalling groupshield and trialling
Trend Micro's Scanmail6.  Has anyone else used this
product with exchange 2000sp2, and if so, have you had
any problems with it?

Thanks in advance for your responses.
Neil

Store.exe cpu usage 100% caused by Mcafee Groupshield 5

Post by Neil » Fri, 14 Dec 2001 01:49:10

Hi,

Just to update you on our situation, we have updated to
TrenMicro Scanmail6 on Win2ksp2 and Ex2k sp2.
Installation was easy and after an initial scan of the
information store the system resources settled back down
to 0-5% cpu usage.

Neil

Quote:>-----Original Message-----

>Hi, like many others we have been plagued by problems on
>exchange 2000.  The store.exe process ran constantly at
>95-100%(cpu).

>We disabled Mcafee groupshield services and restared the
>information store.  Since then the overall cpu usage of
>the server has been 0-5%.

>I'm aware that this was a problem in groupshield 4.5 and
>exchange 5.5, but we are using exchange 2000 sp2 and
>groupshield 5, has anyone else had problems with this
>combination?

>As a result we are uninstalling groupshield and
trialling
>Trend Micro's Scanmail6.  Has anyone else used this
>product with exchange 2000sp2, and if so, have you had
>any problems with it?

>Thanks in advance for your responses.
>Neil
>.

Store.exe cpu usage 100% caused by Mcafee Groupshield 5

Post by Christian Hanza » Sat, 15 Dec 2001 22:18:06

Hi Neil,

i already wrote it in an other thread:

I had the same problem.
I called the McAfee Support Hotline and they sent me a Patch for
Groupshield.
Now i have 10-25% CPU Usage and 1GB Memory usage on
Dual 800Mhz PIII
1GB RAM
and 9GB Database
with round about 20-50 concurrent connections.
Greetings
Christian Hanzal-Bayer
TOPAS Consulting GmbH
Martin-Schmei?er-Weg 12, D-44227 Dortmund
Telefon: +49 231 9797-100 Fax: -500

http://www.topas-consulting.com

Quote:

> Hi, like many others we have been plagued by problems on
> exchange 2000.  The store.exe process ran constantly at
> 95-100%(cpu).

> We disabled Mcafee groupshield services and restared the
> information store.  Since then the overall cpu usage of
> the server has been 0-5%.

> I'm aware that this was a problem in groupshield 4.5 and
> exchange 5.5, but we are using exchange 2000 sp2 and
> groupshield 5, has anyone else had problems with this
> combination?

> As a result we are uninstalling groupshield and trialling
> Trend Micro's Scanmail6.  Has anyone else used this
> product with exchange 2000sp2, and if so, have you had
> any problems with it?

> Thanks in advance for your responses.
> Neil

Store.exe cpu usage 100% caused by Mcafee Groupshield 5

Post by Kevin Coughli » Tue, 18 Dec 2001 06:11:55

We have this problem now and are NOT running Groupshield.
I have had to disable our internet email to keep the
server running.  Any info out there??

We run Exchange 5.5

Thanks

Quote:>-----Original Message-----

>Hi, like many others we have been plagued by problems on
>exchange 2000.  The store.exe process ran constantly at
>95-100%(cpu).

>We disabled Mcafee groupshield services and restared the
>information store.  Since then the overall cpu usage of
>the server has been 0-5%.

>I'm aware that this was a problem in groupshield 4.5 and
>exchange 5.5, but we are using exchange 2000 sp2 and
>groupshield 5, has anyone else had problems with this
>combination?

>As a result we are uninstalling groupshield and trialling
>Trend Micro's Scanmail6.  Has anyone else used this
>product with exchange 2000sp2, and if so, have you had
>any problems with it?

>Thanks in advance for your responses.
>Neil
>.

1. store.exe causes 100% CPU usage

I have an Exchange 2000 Server SP2 running on a Windows
2000 Server SP2. Task Manager showed that the store.exe
was causing 100% CPU usage. The "kill" command had to be
used to stop store.exe as the IS couldn't be stopped from
the Services applet.

I set the Public and Mailbox stored not to mount when the
Info Store starts, rebooted the server and ths IS service
starts fine and CPU usage is normal. As soon as I tried to
mount any of the stores (Mailbox or Public) the CPU usage
shot up to 100%.

Isinteg and eseutil have both been run to check/repair
databases - databases were all consistent.

I would be very grateful for any suggestions in resolving
this issue.

Thank you.

Regards
Mitesh Shah

2. unable to send e-mail through exchange 5.5

3. Store.exe cpu usage 100% caused by eTrust InoculateIt

4. Set as Reply Address

5. store.exe 100% cpu usage

6. Ideal RAID1 Stripe Size for an Exchange 2000 Server on W2K

7. store.exe 100%cpu usage

8. client access license needed for both w2k as Exchange 2k?

9. store.exe running at 100% cpu usage

10. NNTP - Outbound newsfeed causes Store.exe to consume 100% CPU

11. store.exe causing 100% CPU Utilization

12. Problem: Exchange 5.0 IS Store.exe causes 100% CPU utilization

13. Q: store.exe at 100% CPU cause?