Populate Public Address Book from database table?

Populate Public Address Book from database table?

Post by Geof Shorte » Sat, 27 Feb 1999 04:00:00

Can anyone tell me how to populate an Exchange Server Public Address Book
from a SQL Server 7.0 or Oracle 7.3.x database table?

The table would contain e-mail usernames which could simply populate the
Public Address Book directly. All e-mail names would exist on the Exchange
Server.

Anyone help?

E-mail please in addition to response if you can help!

Thanks!

Geof Shorter
Oracle Certified Professional DBA
Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer + Internet

Populate Public Address Book from database table?

Post by Chris Schar » Sun, 28 Feb 1999 04:00:00

This can be done using Exchange's native import and export function
which can be scheduled and run from a command line.

You can run an export from the GAL to get an idea of the default
headers or run header.exe on the Exchange server to obtain a complete
list of exportable fields. From there you'd need to write a hook with
the oracle or SQL database to populate the csv file needed by Exchange
for import.

Quote:>Can anyone tell me how to populate an Exchange Server Public Address Book
>from a SQL Server 7.0 or Oracle 7.3.x database table?

>The table would contain e-mail usernames which could simply populate the
>Public Address Book directly. All e-mail names would exist on the Exchange
>Server.

>Anyone help?

Chris Scharff
Exchange Administrator