Need advice for little Exchange-Server scneario

Need advice for little Exchange-Server scneario

Post by Benjamin Haberkor » Fri, 15 Jun 2001 05:51:07

Hi!

Ive been playing around with Exchange 2000 occasionally.. but never for my
personal interests. So, heres what Id like to do:

Exchange 2000 should:

- collect my POP3-Mailboxes and put it in the appropriate Exchange-Mailbox.
*g*
- send mail (via external SMTP) Question: how can Exchange  authenticate
with the SMTP? Can Exchange check the POP3 first in order to authenticate?
- Id like to have a news feed..

So, I want a complete solution for mail and news which is being "cached" and
organized by a Exchange 2000 Server.

Any ideas? Input?

Thanks in advance!

Benjamin

Need advice for little Exchange-Server scneario

Post by Douglas Buchanan [MVP » Fri, 15 Jun 2001 09:49:45

See embedded

Quote:> Hi!

> Ive been playing around with Exchange 2000 occasionally.. but never for
my
> personal interests. So, heres what Id like to do:

> Exchange 2000 should:

> - collect my POP3-Mailboxes and put it in the appropriate
Exchange-Mailbox.
> *g*

Setup incoming mail to be delivered to the Exchange inbox, then add internet
accounts as necessary. This present problems for sending, though, since the
corporate mode of outlook does not allow you to specify which account is
sending.

Quote:> - send mail (via external SMTP) Question: how can Exchange  authenticate
> with the SMTP? Can Exchange check the POP3 first in order to authenticate?

Why? As long as the server can get out on port 25, it can send mail itself.
Reverse domain lookups may cause problems, though, if you are not in your
own domain.

Quote:> - Id like to have a news feed..

Buy a feed (which is what you'll have to do since most will not let you push
or pull from them for free) and a very large hard drive.
Quote:

> So, I want a complete solution for mail and news which is being "cached"
and
> organized by a Exchange 2000 Server.

> Any ideas? Input?

> Thanks in advance!

> Benjamin

1. New Admin needs a little advice

Hope someone out there can help. We have just set up our first MS Exchange
Server and we are using Outlook 2000.
I have on the server created a Distribution List, how do we stop all users
from seeing the list, I wont to only allow certain users to see the list.
The only slightly different way I can see to stop people using the Lists is
to define who can Send Mail to the Distribution List, but really I want to
hide some of the Lists.

Any help would be appreciated.

Darryl

2. Anyone using Trend Micro's eManager for spam control?

3. Need Hardware advice for a new Exchange 2000 server need Recommendation

4. Urgent Help With Priv.edb Restore

5. Need a little help with new Exchange 2K server - changing from Sendmail

6. MTA: Directory operation (om_get) failed Event ID: 2253

7. Outlook can't detect Exchange (Exchange server unavailable)

8. a little advice pls is possible.

9. Need a little help moving to a new server

10. Need New Server advice, while old server decays!

11. Need Advice re: Exchange Server 2000

12. Ideal Exchange Server setup - need advice