Can this be done using scripts/routing

Post by Adrian » Thu, 15 Mar 2001 00:16:46

Sorry for the cross-group posting from
microsoft.public.exchange.applications, but this group is more relevant for
the following question:

As an Exchange Newbie, I am looking for some advice here (Win2000,
Exchange2000, VB environment):

Need to create an application/set of rules that handles the following
events:
1. Bounceback from small batch email (sudden peak, but not high volume)
2. Subscribe/unsubscribe messages (which will send a record to SQLServer
DB -- again, not massive volumes, we're not in the spam business).

Originally, I set out to do this with routing and server-side scripts, but
am being surrounded by warnings of volume-related issues.  My questions are
two-fold:
1. Is there an upper limit/guiding principle on the volumes of mail which
can be handled by server-side scripts?
2. Is there a better way of doing this?

Any suggestions, sample code, or ideas are much appreciated.

Thanks,
Adriano.

1. Can this be done using scripts/routing?

[...]

2. Block a domain !!

3. What am I missing?? (using scripts in AD)

4. Secure Tunnel

5. CDO, Server Scripting Agents, and WorkFlow Solutions using Routing Objects

6. IM Server?

7. CDO, Server Scripting Agents, and WorkFlow Solutions using Routing Objects on Exchange 5.5

8. Multi-Addresses

9. CDO, Server Scripting Agents, and WorkFlow Solutions using Routing Objects

10. Dynamic CDO profiles: What am I doing wrong?

11. Am I doing this right?

12. Am I doing enough?

13. Permissions - Am I doing this right?