Exchange Logging file that can be remove

Exchange Logging file that can be remove

Post by antonia jaspe » Sat, 31 Aug 2002 18:15:40

My exchange 5.5 server d:\exchsrvr\imcdata folder size had grown up to
3.93GB

If I'm not wrong I believe that is a result of me turning the Internet mail
service, Diagnostic logging level property from None to Maximum.

I have now turn all the diagnostic level to None now.

My hard disk space is running baldly low now.

I wonder is there any file that I can delete from this folder to free up the
disk space

What are other exchange logging file or unnecessary file that I can clear
from my harddisk.

Tks for you help

Exchange Logging file that can be remove

Post by Kirill S. Palagi » Sat, 31 Aug 2002 18:33:44

del /y imcdata\in\archive\*.*
del /y imcdata\out\archive\*.*
and be sure to restart IMC to activate new settings.

--
Corrections are welcome.
Please keep all discussions in NG, so that everybody can participate.

Kirill

Exchange Logging file that can be remove

Post by Ulrich Schroete » Sat, 31 Aug 2002 19:12:19

... and ....
you can set all diagnostics levels back for IMC except the
last setting "archive" ....  this stores each message in the archive
directorys
of in and out .... and where never cleaned automaticly ...
if you make a daily schedule to clean up this two directorys you
can set the "archive" option back to on ...

regards, uli   ;-)

>del /y imcdata\in\archive\*.*
>del /y imcdata\out\archive\*.*
>and be sure to restart IMC to activate new settings.

>> My exchange 5.5 server d:\exchsrvr\imcdata folder size had grown up to
>> 3.93GB

>> If I'm not wrong I believe that is a result of me turning the Internet
mail
>> service, Diagnostic logging level property from None to Maximum.

>> I have now turn all the diagnostic level to None now.

>> My hard disk space is running baldly low now.

>> I wonder is there any file that I can delete from this folder to free up
the
>> disk space

>> What are other exchange logging file or unnecessary file that I can clear
>> from my harddisk.

>> Tks for you help

>--
>Corrections are welcome.
>Please keep all discussions in NG, so that everybody can participate.

>Kirill

Exchange Logging file that can be remove

Post by Susan VanAlle » Sat, 31 Aug 2002 20:54:50

Also can delete any L*.logs in the imcdata\log directory - just leave the
route.txt in place.
--
Susan VanAllen
MCSE, Exchange MVP

> del /y imcdata\in\archive\*.*
> del /y imcdata\out\archive\*.*
> and be sure to restart IMC to activate new settings.

> > My exchange 5.5 server d:\exchsrvr\imcdata folder size had grown up to
> > 3.93GB

> > If I'm not wrong I believe that is a result of me turning the Internet
mail
> > service, Diagnostic logging level property from None to Maximum.

> > I have now turn all the diagnostic level to None now.

> > My hard disk space is running baldly low now.

> > I wonder is there any file that I can delete from this folder to free up
the
> > disk space

> > What are other exchange logging file or unnecessary file that I can
clear
> > from my harddisk.

> > Tks for you help

> --
> Corrections are welcome.
> Please keep all discussions in NG, so that everybody can participate.

> Kirill

Exchange Logging file that can be remove

Post by Rene » Fri, 06 Sep 2002 04:29:21

I'm having almost the same problem, exept my problem is
logging size is in MDBdata folder.  Have you gotten any
help with your problem yet and if so can you share?

Thanks

Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>My exchange 5.5 server d:\exchsrvr\imcdata folder size
had grown up to
>3.93GB

>If I'm not wrong I believe that is a result of me turning
the Internet mail
>service, Diagnostic logging level property from None to
Maximum.

>I have now turn all the diagnostic level to None now.

>My hard disk space is running baldly low now.

>I wonder is there any file that I can delete from this

folder to free up the
Quote:>disk space

>What are other exchange logging file or unnecessary file
that I can clear
>from my harddisk.

>Tks for you help

>.

1. Exchange Logging file that can be remove

My exchange 5.5 server d:\exchsrvr\imcdata folder size had grown up to
3.93GB

If I'm not wrong I believe that is a result of me turning the Internet mail
service, Diagnostic logging level property from None to Maximum.

I have now turn all the diagnostic level to None now.

My hard disk space is running baldly low now.

I wonder is there any file that I can delete from this folder to free up the
disk space

What are other exchange logging file or unnecessary file that I can clear
from my harddisk.

Tks for you help

2. Migrating Exchange 5.5 to Win2k DC

3. Running Remote Mail Solo

4. Can't send mail outside of domain

5. removing log files

6. Exchange causing exception error

7. online backup to remove the log files

8. Log files not removed after backup

9. script to remove edb*.log files

10. Remove log files manually

11. Backup Exec 8.0 - Not removing Log files