Client/Server Rules

Post by Hallvard Mülle » Fri, 03 Nov 2000 16:25:03

I'm currently working on this. To me, it seems that you'll have to
right-click the relevant folder, chose properties, administration and then
folder assistant. To my dissappointment, the server-side rules options is
very limited compared to those of Outlook 2000.

Yours, Hallvard

Quote:> Hey,
> When you create a rule in Outlook it is marked as a client side rule. How
> can I create a server side rule that I can attach to some/all mailboxes??

> Regards,
> Brian

1. Client/Server Rules

Client side rules are client side rules and server side rules are
server side rules. www.slipstick.com has an explanation of what makes
a rule client side or server side. There's not really a way around the
factors which determine what type of rule it will be.

--
Chris Scharff, MVP-Exchange
Senior Systems Consultant

Exchange FAQ: http://www.swinc.com/resource/exch_faq.htm

2. upgrading from Exchange 5.5 to Exchange 2003

3. Setting auto reply to use a server based rule and not a client based rule

4. URGENT: Windows Messaging (W95) : No Exchange Server Service Available

5. Client Side Rule Conflict with Exchange Server Side Rules

6. Public Contacts

7. Client Rules to Server Rules

8. Rules.dll and Client Side Rules

9. Exchange Admin Rule/NOT Outlook Rule Wizard or Exchange Client

10. Rules on the server and messed up clients

11. Server vs Client Rules???

12. Rules in Error ... Server-requested Client Action