Exchange vs SMTP for large mail shots

Post by John Maso » Tue, 08 Jul 2003 04:57:07

My company currently uses the SMTP service in IIS to send out several
thousand emails as part of our monthly mail shot to registered customers.
This currently takes a number of hours to process.
Would it be quicker to route the processing through Exchange and if so,
could someone point me towards a solution.

TIA

John Mason

Exchange vs SMTP for large mail shots

Post by Anibal Rei » Tue, 08 Jul 2003 06:42:39

Advanced queueing to SMTP server from EX2K could improve the performance,
but it may not be a greater improvement.
Have you consider the use of IIS 6 from Windows 2003 Server? I think this
will be a greater improvement.

Anibal Reis

Quote:> My company currently uses the SMTP service in IIS to send out several
> thousand emails as part of our monthly mail shot to registered customers.
> This currently takes a number of hours to process.
> Would it be quicker to route the processing through Exchange and if so,
> could someone point me towards a solution.

> TIA

> John Mason

Exchange vs SMTP for large mail shots

Post by John Maso » Wed, 09 Jul 2003 04:23:25

Thanks for the reply.
We are considering rolling out W2k3 Server in the very near future, I'll
give it a try.

> Advanced queueing to SMTP server from EX2K could improve the performance,
> but it may not be a greater improvement.
> Have you consider the use of IIS 6 from Windows 2003 Server? I think this
> will be a greater improvement.

> Anibal Reis

> > My company currently uses the SMTP service in IIS to send out several
> > thousand emails as part of our monthly mail shot to registered
customers.
> > This currently takes a number of hours to process.
> > Would it be quicker to route the processing through Exchange and if so,
> > could someone point me towards a solution.

> > TIA

> > John Mason

1. OWA for Exchange 2k Screen Shots

Hi,

Can anyone provide me with a website that contains screenshots of OWA 2k
screens.  We're thinking of upgrading from Exch 5.5 to 2k, and the big issue
is for travelling users.  If there is significant enhancements, it will be
worth it.

A few specific questions I have....
Does OWA 2k have a preview pane???  Support sending HTML messages, Support
Multiple Public Calendars, Tasks???

Thanks,
Matt

PS - If you want to email me screen shots, you can send them to:

2. Resource reservations

3. Sending Large Numbers of SMTP Mail Simultaneously

4. Shared public folder

5. Internet Mail Service vs. SMTP Service

6. Jet Databse/Exchange Server Errors

7. configuring for EMSTP vs. SMTP mail for firewall

8. Sending shortcut to the item

9. SMTP vs. Internet Mail Connector

10. SMTP Virtual Server VS SMTP Connector

11. Virtual SMTP Server vs. SMTP Connectors

12. smtp smart hosts vs native smtp

13. SMTP Connector vs. SMTP Virtual Server