Import Problem - Direct Reports

Post by Frazer Smit » Mon, 27 Jul 1998 04:00:00

When I try to import a csv file to update Direct reports, I get:

"The attribute Direct reports is read-only. Values specified for this
attribute will be ignored when writing to the Directory. "

apparently telling me that there is no way to populate or update Direct
reports using batch import.  This is is consistent with DAPIwrite, which
also seems to ignore the attempt.

Does anyone know of a way to update these field, either with import or
programatically (using DAPI, for e.g.)?

Urgently looking for answer - if there is a way.

Please cc: me by mail, if you answer - thanks.

Frazer Smith

Post by Rich Matheis » Tue, 28 Jul 1998 04:00:00

>When I try to import a csv file to update Direct reports, I get:

>"The attribute Direct reports is read-only. Values specified for this
>attribute will be ignored when writing to the Directory. "

>apparently telling me that there is no way to populate or update Direct
>reports using batch import.  This is is consistent with DAPIwrite, which
>also seems to ignore the attempt.

>Does anyone know of a way to update these field, either with import or
>programatically (using DAPI, for e.g.)?

Try these MS KB articles:
Q168716 "XADM: How to Import Manager Data into Exchange"
Q168714 "XADM: Manager Field Incorrect After Import"

1. Import Problem - Direct Reports

When I try to import a csv file to update Direct reports, I get:

"The attribute Direct reports is read-only. Values specified for this
attribute will be ignored when writing to the Directory. "

apparently telling me that there is no way to populate or update Direct
reports using batch import.  This is is consistent with DAPIwrite, which
also seems to ignore the attempt.

Does anyone know of a way to update these field, either with import or
programatically (using DAPI, for e.g.)?

Urgently looking for answer - if there is a way.

Please cc: me by mail, if you answer - thanks.

Frazer Smith

2. attachments

3. Filter outgoing messages?

4. Setting Direct Reports

5. recieve time incorrect by a couple of hours

6. Direct Reports collection

7. Error 9582 - Memory fragmentation - should I worry

8. Organization, Direct reports and Manager

9. Manager and Direct Reports

10. Direct Reports

11. OWA problem, if I am in wrong newsgroup please direct me to correct one

12. direct cable connect problem --WinMe to Win95