E5.5 - E2k Migration

Post by Adam Stewar » Tue, 08 Jul 2003 23:30:11

Hi all,

Im hoping this is one the right place for this question,
and two a nice easy one for you all!

We have 2 domains 'A' and 'H'. 'A' is NT4 and not in our
control, and 'H' is Win2k Server. We currently have E5.5
and all mail for accounts on 'H' is serviced by this
platform. However there are a few accounts on 'A' that
also use our E5.5 platform, however the rest dont. The
problem we have (we think) is when we migrate the E5.5 to
E2k the domain acounts on the 'A' domain will not have
any AD entry, and although there is a two way trust
established we are not sure of the implications of moving
the mail authentication to the PDC/AD.

Has anyone come across this before? The problem is 'A'
and 'B' are about 300 miles apart and we don't really
want the users on 'A' to have to log in to 'H'.

Adam

E5.5 - E2k Migration

Post by Gary Coope » Wed, 09 Jul 2003 03:36:44

When you migrate your mailboxes to E2K, I assume you already have an ADC
setup before hand.  So, what will happen is the mailboxes with a primary NT
account from A will be created in your AD domain as disabled users.  Once
you migrate the mailbox to E2K, ensure that the A account still has rights
to logon to the mailbox by verifying the Send As/Recieve As and Full mailbox
access in the advanced properties in AD.  If you do it right, it shouldn't
be a big deal.

Quote:> Hi all,

> Im hoping this is one the right place for this question,
> and two a nice easy one for you all!

> We have 2 domains 'A' and 'H'. 'A' is NT4 and not in our
> control, and 'H' is Win2k Server. We currently have E5.5
> and all mail for accounts on 'H' is serviced by this
> platform. However there are a few accounts on 'A' that
> also use our E5.5 platform, however the rest dont. The
> problem we have (we think) is when we migrate the E5.5 to
> E2k the domain acounts on the 'A' domain will not have
> any AD entry, and although there is a two way trust
> established we are not sure of the implications of moving
> the mail authentication to the PDC/AD.

> Has anyone come across this before? The problem is 'A'
> and 'B' are about 300 miles apart and we don't really
> want the users on 'A' to have to log in to 'H'.

> Adam

1. Help...E5.5 and E2K adc and transport problems

Hi all, I hope someone can help!!! I have set up a single 5.5 server in a
test workgroup environment on Windows 2000 (LDAP port changed to 390).
Internet mail service installed on 5.5, receiving internet mail via the IMC
just fine. Installed additional W2K server, made it a domain controller,
joined the 5.5 server to that domain (5.5 server is not a DC). Internet mail
still fine via IMC on 5.5. Then installed E2K on 2000 DC, joined the
existing 5.5 organization. Had ISP change MX record to point to new E2K
server. Removed IMC from 5.5 server. Internet email now delivering to
mailboxes on E2K server fine. Set up 2-way ADC on E2K server and pointed to
5.5 server. All AD data replicated to 5.5 server, all 5.5 data replicated to
AD, so ADC seems to be fine. Users on 5.5 server are able to email users on
the E2K server and vice-versa. Everything good to this point. When users on
E2K server try to send Internet mail out, goes out fine. When users on 5.5
server try to send mail out, immediately gets bounced back with No Transport
Available NDR message. Have verified all services started on both, IMC is
totally gone, ADC seems to be synching fine both ways. Obviously there is a
link between the 5.5 and E2K box not being made, but not sure what it is. It
works between servers...only when the 5.5 users try to send Internet email.
If I move a 5.5 mailbox to the E2K server, user is able to then send mail.
Seems to me the 5.5 mailboxes are still trying to send out the IMC for
Internet mail instead of routing over to the 2000 server and out the default
SMTP virtual server. Any suggestions as to why? Please help if you can...

-Ben

2. NT Exchange and CC:Mail to Internet

3. E2k x.400 queues to E5.5 servers in same site

4. NT4 WORKSTATION

5. Migrate E5.5 Distribution Lists to E2K

6. TASKS question - setting up a TASKS folder that is globally acces sible and also links Task requester to requestee.

7. Outlook Web Access works to E5.5 but not E2K

8. Exchange server 5.5 data lost recovery?

9. E2K and E5 not communicating - Please help!

10. E2K to E2K migration

11. E2K and E5.5

12. E2K FE E5.5 BE