How do Microsoft implement free/busy ?

Post by Benjamin Peterse » Sat, 15 May 1999 04:00:00

When I invite to a meeting in outlook98 i can check who is free and who is
busy, not one by one but all in one row. How do microsoft do that ?. I have
heard that there is a public free/busy folder on the exchange-server (we use
4.0 & 5.5)  is this true and if so how does this work. My real problem is
that I need to read the Free/Busy calender for everyone at my work and
update a calender view in an other applicaton. I know about COM, so all I
need to know is how do microsoft read that damn free/busy...

Regards
  Benjamin Petersen
  System developer
  web http://www.mark-info.com

How do Microsoft implement free/busy ?

Post by Aaron Swatogo » Sat, 15 May 1999 04:00:00

This might be a good starting point...

HOWTO: Display Free/Busy Information from an ASP Page
http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q195/5/91.asp

> When I invite to a meeting in outlook98 i can check who is free and who is
> busy, not one by one but all in one row. How do microsoft do that ?. I
have
> heard that there is a public free/busy folder on the exchange-server (we
use
> 4.0 & 5.5)  is this true and if so how does this work. My real problem is
> that I need to read the Free/Busy calender for everyone at my work and
> update a calender view in an other applicaton. I know about COM, so all I
> need to know is how do microsoft read that damn free/busy...

> Regards
>   Benjamin Petersen
>   System developer
>   web http://www.mark-info.com

1. Free / Busy Exchange ( SEND / RECIEVE Free/Busy Information ) problems

exchange 5.5 sp3

outlook 2000

under outlook send/receive there is an option to send/receive free/busy
information ( I would assume this means NOW, not in the default 15
minutes. )

however it is grayed out..

anyone know how to enable this?

What are others doing for quicker free/busy information published?  doesn't
it cause confusion if someone tries to schedule a resource within the same
15 minutes?? I have changed to 5 minutes, but don't know if it will
adversely affect the network performance.

thanks

mike

2. routing email through EX2000

3. Lost my Free/Busy database (Schedule+ Free and Busy public folder)

4. SMTP With AD

5. second try :connector Microsoft Schedule+ Free/Busy

6. help!!! I can not do any transport !

7. connector Microsoft Schedule+ Free/Busy

8. Outlook Mail

9. Microsoft Schedule+ Free/Busy Connector

10. Free/Busy Data (Microsoft Q286783 - I need Fbfix.zip)

11. second try :connector Microsoft Schedule+ Free/Busy

12. microsoft schedule+free/busy connector

13. connector Microsoft Schedule+ Free/Busy