Last Step: Need to move public folders off first server to new one

Last Step: Need to move public folders off first server to new one

Post by Alex Bog » Sat, 25 May 2002 12:46:18

OK, my scenario. I'm moving everything from my 1st exchange 2000 SP2 server
(EX1) to our new exchange server (EX2). Our intention is eventually to
remove EX1 entirely but we're in no hurry...

I've moved the users and pointed receipient update services, basically
everywhere I see stuff pointing to EX1 I'm redirecting it to the stuff on
EX2.

However, I'm stuck re: Public folders. I've got public folders under both
servers but the one on EX1 contains things like OAB and offline address
lists and various unique items. Plus, I can't tell that the two stores are
staying replicated because they only date show for "last update" is the date
that I first added the new server.

Can someone please assist me, or point me to some very specific
documentation on how I can tell my exchange operation to use this new public
folders store entirely and stop looking to the old one? How to I point these
unique things into the new store?

I've seen one "Move Server" FAQ but it's very general, no specifics.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!
Alex

1. Last Step: How to move Public Folders from 1st server to new one

[...]

2. Urgent Problem with Exchange Server - Please Help or respone via email

3. Need to move first exchange server in site to a new server

4. Is this possible?

5. GAL sort by last, first name, with from email from First Last

6. Public folder ALERT!

7. First Last..Last, First...Both?

8. Switching Domains or server name

9. Global Address List Display -Last Name VS First name or First name Last name

10. GAL and last, first / first-last

11. Last, First..First Last..Both?

12. Sorting Public Folder Address Book Last Name, First name

13. What are the steps to move exchange from one server to another