message and mailbox problem with 5.5 to E2K

message and mailbox problem with 5.5 to E2K

Post by Marco » Sat, 27 Jul 2002 00:57:06

Hi !

Yestarday I setup anExchange 2000 SP2 to join an Ex 5.5 SP3 Org.
Setup ADC in Two Way.

Problem 1 ) 3 mailboxes are recognized as not enabled mailbox, but they are
enabled in 5.5. How to resolve this ?

Problem 2 ) After moving one mailbox to E2K I can send email to Internet and
to other mailbox that is hosted inside E2K, but can't send email to users
that are still in Exc5.5 Server.

I get error 5.1.1 and 5.4.6. Followed the  Q272593, but didn't solve my
problem.

Please any ideas ?

message and mailbox problem with 5.5 to E2K

Post by Kevi » Sat, 27 Jul 2002 01:37:48

Regarding problem 1, did you go though and look for resource mailboxes
before setting up ADC?  In Exchange 2000 there is a one to one mapping of
mailboxes to user accounts.  There can not be more than one mailbox owned by
a given user as was possible in Exchange 5.5.  The easiest way to have done
this would be to use the NTDSATRB tool to look though your 5.5 directory and
flag these entries (see Q274173 for more info).  If you did not do this,
then the ADC created disabled users in AD for each mailbox that could not be
associated with a user (the user name created would be the name of the
mailbox).  Setting NTDSNoMatch (as is done by NTDSATRB) on an account would
prevent it from being associated with a user account if this was not their
'primary' mailbox allowing the correct mailbox to be tied to the user
account (and allow you to enable this mailbox as a user account later).

See Q256862 to correct mismatched mailboxes after the ADC has already run.

I would strongly advise installing SP3 on Exchange 2000.  Especially the SP3
version of ADC as this, amongst other things, solves a problem when flipping
a one-way CA to a two-way (just in case you think of modifying your CA).  It
looks like you're okay but I did this and got burned (Q316886).

Hope this helps.

Kevin.

Quote:> Hi !

> Yestarday I setup anExchange 2000 SP2 to join an Ex 5.5 SP3 Org.
> Setup ADC in Two Way.

> Problem 1 ) 3 mailboxes are recognized as not enabled mailbox, but they
are
> enabled in 5.5. How to resolve this ?

> Problem 2 ) After moving one mailbox to E2K I can send email to Internet
and
> to other mailbox that is hosted inside E2K, but can't send email to users
> that are still in Exc5.5 Server.

> I get error 5.1.1 and 5.4.6. Followed the  Q272593, but didn't solve my
> problem.

> Please any ideas ?

message and mailbox problem with 5.5 to E2K

Post by Marco » Sat, 27 Jul 2002 04:08:29

Thanks Kevin,
I used the NTDSATRB and the only mailbox was from administrator. Not the
problematic one.

> Regarding problem 1, did you go though and look for resource mailboxes
> before setting up ADC?  In Exchange 2000 there is a one to one mapping of
> mailboxes to user accounts.  There can not be more than one mailbox owned
by
> a given user as was possible in Exchange 5.5.  The easiest way to have
done
> this would be to use the NTDSATRB tool to look though your 5.5 directory
and
> flag these entries (see Q274173 for more info).  If you did not do this,
> then the ADC created disabled users in AD for each mailbox that could not
be
> associated with a user (the user name created would be the name of the
> mailbox).  Setting NTDSNoMatch (as is done by NTDSATRB) on an account
would
> prevent it from being associated with a user account if this was not their
> 'primary' mailbox allowing the correct mailbox to be tied to the user
> account (and allow you to enable this mailbox as a user account later).

> See Q256862 to correct mismatched mailboxes after the ADC has already run.

> I would strongly advise installing SP3 on Exchange 2000.  Especially the
SP3
> version of ADC as this, amongst other things, solves a problem when
flipping
> a one-way CA to a two-way (just in case you think of modifying your CA).
It
> looks like you're okay but I did this and got burned (Q316886).

> Hope this helps.

> Kevin.

> > Hi !

> > Yestarday I setup anExchange 2000 SP2 to join an Ex 5.5 SP3 Org.
> > Setup ADC in Two Way.

> > Problem 1 ) 3 mailboxes are recognized as not enabled mailbox, but they
> are
> > enabled in 5.5. How to resolve this ?

> > Problem 2 ) After moving one mailbox to E2K I can send email to Internet
> and
> > to other mailbox that is hosted inside E2K, but can't send email to
users
> > that are still in Exc5.5 Server.

> > I get error 5.1.1 and 5.4.6. Followed the  Q272593, but didn't solve my
> > problem.

> > Please any ideas ?

message and mailbox problem with 5.5 to E2K

Post by Del Pomerink » Sat, 27 Jul 2002 05:33:37

We found that the ntdsattrb did not work against hidden 5.5 mailboxes.
Remember hidding a mailbox just removes it from GAL.  If outlook client
already has it configured within their profile they'll still be able to
access the hidden mailbox.

> Thanks Kevin,
> I used the NTDSATRB and the only mailbox was from administrator. Not the
> problematic one.

> > Regarding problem 1, did you go though and look for resource mailboxes
> > before setting up ADC?  In Exchange 2000 there is a one to one mapping
of
> > mailboxes to user accounts.  There can not be more than one mailbox
owned
> by
> > a given user as was possible in Exchange 5.5.  The easiest way to have
> done
> > this would be to use the NTDSATRB tool to look though your 5.5 directory
> and
> > flag these entries (see Q274173 for more info).  If you did not do this,
> > then the ADC created disabled users in AD for each mailbox that could
not
> be
> > associated with a user (the user name created would be the name of the
> > mailbox).  Setting NTDSNoMatch (as is done by NTDSATRB) on an account
> would
> > prevent it from being associated with a user account if this was not
their
> > 'primary' mailbox allowing the correct mailbox to be tied to the user
> > account (and allow you to enable this mailbox as a user account later).

> > See Q256862 to correct mismatched mailboxes after the ADC has already
run.

> > I would strongly advise installing SP3 on Exchange 2000.  Especially the
> SP3
> > version of ADC as this, amongst other things, solves a problem when
> flipping
> > a one-way CA to a two-way (just in case you think of modifying your CA).
> It
> > looks like you're okay but I did this and got burned (Q316886).

> > Hope this helps.

> > Kevin.

> > > Hi !

> > > Yestarday I setup anExchange 2000 SP2 to join an Ex 5.5 SP3 Org.
> > > Setup ADC in Two Way.

> > > Problem 1 ) 3 mailboxes are recognized as not enabled mailbox, but
they
> > are
> > > enabled in 5.5. How to resolve this ?

> > > Problem 2 ) After moving one mailbox to E2K I can send email to
Internet
> > and
> > > to other mailbox that is hosted inside E2K, but can't send email to
> users
> > > that are still in Exc5.5 Server.

> > > I get error 5.1.1 and 5.4.6. Followed the  Q272593, but didn't solve
my
> > > problem.

> > > Please any ideas ?

1. message and mailbox problem with 5.5 to E2K

Hi !

Yestarday I setup anExchange 2000 SP2 to join an Ex 5.5 SP3 Org.
Setup ADC in Two Way.

Problem 1 ) 3 mailboxes are recognized as not enabled mailbox, but they are
enabled in 5.5. How to resolve this ?

Problem 2 ) After moving one mailbox to E2K I can send email to Internet and
to other mailbox that is hosted inside E2K, but can't send email to users
that are still in Exc5.5 Server.

I get error 5.1.1 and 5.4.6. Followed the  Q272593, but didn't solve my
problem.

Please any ideas ?

2. Moving Log File Locations

3. Blank messages with HTML formatted messages in OWA 5.5 from E2K mailboxes

4. OWA

5. Exchange 5.5 - doesn't leave messages to mailbox problem

6. SPAM & Relay

7. Question regarding moving mailboxes from 5.5 to E2K

8. MAC CLIENTS

9. moving mailboxes from 5.5 to E2K

10. Exporting mailboxes from E2K to 5.5?!?!?

11. Mailbox move from EX 5.5 to E2K

12. pulling mailboxes from 5.5 onto E2K

13. Cannot access E2K mailbox from 5.5