Event ID 1023

Post by lstree » Sat, 01 Sep 2001 00:04:22

Can anyone help me?

Event Type:     Failure Audit
Event Source:   MSExchangeIS Private
Event Category: Logons
Event ID:       1023
Date:           08/30/2001
Time:           9:37:13 AM
User:           N/A
Computer:       CF-EXCHANGE1
CF-DAL\USERX was validated as /o=Company
Name/ou=Home_Office/cn=Recipients/cn=UserX but was unable
to log on to /o=Other Company ? Third Company/ou=Old
Company Name/cn=Recipients/cn=Old User.

The users (Several of them with the same message) are able
to log on fine, and work.  But I keep getting these errors
daily.  I have checked the Exchange Server, in the
Information Store, but do not find anything with the above
information.  What am I missing?

Any help will be tremendously appreciated.

Event ID 1023

Post by David Sengupta [MVP » Thu, 06 Sep 2001 05:59:30

Check the MAPI profile on the User's PC.  Sounds like they are trying to
open the old mailbox as well as their current one.

--
David Sengupta  MCSE, CCA
Exchange MVP  & Consultant, Ottawa, Canada

Quote:> Can anyone help me?

> Event Type: Failure Audit
> Event Source: MSExchangeIS Private
> Event Category: Logons
> Event ID: 1023
> Date: 08/30/2001
> Time: 9:37:13 AM
> User: N/A
> Computer: CF-EXCHANGE1
> CF-DAL\USERX was validated as /o=Company
> Name/ou=Home_Office/cn=Recipients/cn=UserX but was unable
> to log on to /o=Other Company ? Third Company/ou=Old
> Company Name/cn=Recipients/cn=Old User.

> The users (Several of them with the same message) are able
> to log on fine, and work.  But I keep getting these errors
> daily.  I have checked the Exchange Server, in the
> Information Store, but do not find anything with the above
> information.  What am I missing?

> Any help will be tremendously appreciated.

1. Error in Application Event Log. Event ID 1023

I'm receiving the following error in my Event log....
======
Date:           9/23/2003
Time:           10:12:12 AM
User:           N/A
Computer:       MAIL
PE_DOMAIN\service was validated as /o=Perteet
Engineering/ou=PE_DOMAIN/cn=Recipients/CN=NAIPE_DOMAINMAIL
 but was unable to log on
to /O=Company_Name/OU=PE_DOMAIN/CN=RECIPIENTS/CN=CAROL C.
======

I get this same error consecutively for several minutes
to where the event log will fill up with hundreds of
these messages.  The strange thing is that the mailbox
that it refers to has been deleted for years.  This has
been going on for a long time but my predicessor didn't
find a need to figure out why.  Does anyone have any
suggestions.

I'm running Exchange 5.5 (Build 2653.23;  Service Pack 4)
on a Windows 2000 sp3, in a NT4 Domain.

2. Can't Query Exchange Linked to SQL Server

3. Error with Event ID: 1023,Event Source: POP3SVC

4. Slow connectivity to OWA w/ IE 5.x on Win 98

5. Event ID 1023 in Event Log

6. MS Exchange upgrade problem!

7. Event ID 1023 in event logs

8. Outlook Web Access, Please Help!

9. event Id = 1023

10. Event ID 1023 Failure Audit Errors

11. event ID:1023

12. HELP ||||||| Event ID 1023 - MSExchangeIS Private

13. Event ID 1023 - Failure Audit