Moving drive M to another new hard drive

Moving drive M to another new hard drive

Post by joyc » Fri, 07 Feb 2003 18:48:32

i'd liked to add my new hard drive to my exchange server,
because my drive M is full already.
I want to know how?
And is it ok?any efect?

thx

Moving drive M to another new hard drive

Post by Jeff Stockam » Sat, 08 Feb 2003 05:57:07

Drive M: is a virtual drive that is a representation of your information
store.  It's only available when exchange 2000 services are running.

You should monitor the disk space on the drive where you have your exchange
data, not the M: drive.

- Jeff

Quote:> i'd liked to add my new hard drive to my exchange server,
> because my drive M is full already.
> I want to know how?
> And is it ok?any efect?

> thx

1. Moving Exchange server from Primary (C) drive to secondary hard drive

Hi there,

I have a problem with my exchange server (v 5.5). The
server is quite old now and only has 2GB hard drive (which
has winnt files exchange server and our fax program
running off it). When the drive drops under 10MB of space
the MTA fails. So far I have kept things rolling by
regularly deleting archives, logs and temp files.

I have added a larger hard drive to run exchange server
and other programs. Can you tell me how I go about moving
the exchange server from one drive to another?

Many thanks

Russell

2. Out of licenses

3. How do I leave email on MS Excahnge 5.0 server v.s local hard drive

4. Permisions

5. Exchange needs new drive (hard!)

6. Unable to open your default e-mail folders

7. moving 5.5 stores to another hard drive

8. Chat

10. Migrating Exchange server to new hard-drive?

11. Unable to start Exchange services after restoring onto new hard drives

12. Dead hard drive - install Exchange on new server