Only users with Administrator rights able to sent e-mails to external domains

Only users with Administrator rights able to sent e-mails to external domains

Post by Mik » Tue, 21 Jan 2003 04:26:44

Hi, this is only my second SBS2000 server.

I am having problems with Exchange Server 2000.

On this particular server, after having had to change network cards
and re-assign IP schemes, I find that at the workstations using
Outlook 2000 only Administrators can send e-mails.  If I try it as an
end-user that is not part of the Administrators group, I get the error
:

        "The operation could not be completed because of an
        error on the network.  Try to logon to the network again,
        and then repeat the operation."

It is very specific :  ALL users can send internal e-mails.  The above
error message occurs ONLY when a user that is not an administrator

add the sending user to the Administrators group, then suddenly he is
able to send the e-mail.

Any suggestions - I have looked in so many places and cannot see
anything obvious.

Thanks.
Mik