Setup exchange to hold and forward email.

Setup exchange to hold and forward email.

Post by Streack » Mon, 14 Jul 2003 08:12:59

I need to have a backup in place to capture and hold email
until the mailserver is available to take the email. How
do I set this up in Exchange 5.5 Sp4.

1. Setup exchange to hold mail

Greetings,

We have recently opened a new office across town and would like to have our
exchange server queue incoming mail received from their domain ~ so they can
dial into our machine and use ETRN to download it.

Domain1.com = our domain
Domain2.com = their domain

Their machine is all set up correctly and there is something not right with
ours. Apparently It will only queue the mail for domain2.com if I send the
mail with outlook on my machine (which is on domain1.com) ~ if i try to send
email any other way I just get a receipient not found error.

We have 1 exchange site - 1 server - very basic set up actually. It just
will not queue mail that comes for the outside world. Domain2.com is routed
as outbound .. and it works for outlook.

Any idea's what's causing this ?? Solutions ??

Thx

2. Cross domain mail users

3. setup forwarding email

4. Exchange 5.5 Move Server Wizard

5. Setup email account to be forward to 2 people

6. Outlook 97 notifies me of email even if I don't have any new email

7. E2K Email Forwarding Setup

8. Japanese build Windows won't communicate with Western build Exchange 5.5

9. how do I setup exhange 5.0 to forward email to my seperate Em account

10. email is held in smtp queue

11. SMTP Email Held in Queue

12. Pull Email Off of Information Store and Hold On User's Hard Drive

13. Help for holding 4 email domain