Use Index Server to Index a public folder

Use Index Server to Index a public folder

Post by John Smit » Sat, 14 Mar 1998 04:00:00

Does anyone know if it is allready possible to index a public folder with
index server? So web users are able to search the public folder using Index
server.

Sjoerd.

Sjoerd Boogaard

Software Connection B.V.
Oeverweg 2a
3417 XK Montfoort
The Netherlands
Phone: (+31)-348-475050
Fax: (+31)-348-475010
http://www.softcon.nl

Use Index Server to Index a public folder

Post by Chris Groh » Sun, 15 Mar 1998 04:00:00

John -

I believe you can with Microsoft Index Server 2.0, which is part of
Microsoft Site Server ...

Chris

>Does anyone know if it is allready possible to index a public folder with
>index server? So web users are able to search the public folder using Index
>server.

>Sjoerd.

>Sjoerd Boogaard

>Software Connection B.V.
>Oeverweg 2a
>3417 XK Montfoort
>The Netherlands
>Phone: (+31)-348-475050
>Fax: (+31)-348-475010
>http://www.softcon.nl

Use Index Server to Index a public folder

Post by Randy Byrne [MVP - Outlook » Tue, 17 Mar 1998 04:00:00

Chris-

Index Server 2.0 is a component of the NT 4.0 Option Pack. See
http://www.microsoft.com/iis/guide/index.asp. Site Server 3.0 Commerce
Edition (currently in Beta) will allow indexing of the Public Folder
hierarchy. See http://www.microsoft.com/siteserver/guide/whatsnew.asp.

--
Regards,
Randy Byrne, MVP Outlook