Exchange attributes Viewing on Active Directory Users and Computers

Exchange attributes Viewing on Active Directory Users and Computers

Post by Osvaldo Brit » Thu, 04 Oct 2001 22:18:03

Single Domain. Two Domain controllers. Recent Exch2K Setup.
ForestPrep, DomainPrep. Account with Domains Admin, Schema
Admins, Enterprise Admins, Local administrator. Exch2k
computer is a Member Server.
Problem: If I logon on any of the DCs, I can not view the
Exchange users attributes when I run Active Directory
Users and Computers. THis situation does not occur if I
logon on the Member Server where Exchange 2000 is
installed. AN\ny help?

PS: NAtive Domain. Exch2000 native too.

Exchange attributes Viewing on Active Directory Users and Computers

Post by Ronn » Fri, 05 Oct 2001 00:09:48

I think you need to install the E2K system manager on the
comuter with ad users and computers.

//Ronny

Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>Single Domain. Two Domain controllers. Recent Exch2K
Setup.
>ForestPrep, DomainPrep. Account with Domains Admin,
Schema
>Admins, Enterprise Admins, Local administrator. Exch2k
>computer is a Member Server.
>Problem: If I logon on any of the DCs, I can not view the
>Exchange users attributes when I run Active Directory
>Users and Computers. THis situation does not occur if I
>logon on the Member Server where Exchange 2000 is
>installed. AN\ny help?

>PS: NAtive Domain. Exch2000 native too.

>.

1. Created contact via CDO, missing Company and Country when viewed from Active Directory Users and Computers

I am writing a asp page to allow customers to subscribe/unsubscribe from our
distribution lists. Everything is working properly when creating the contact
except that the values entered for Company and WorkCountry are not displayed
in Active Directory Users and Computers.

The values are there however when queried via a second asp page.

Any ideas why this is not working properly would be appreciated.

Craig Freemark

This scripts creates the contact in Active Directory

<%
'Declare variables
Dim iPer
Dim strLDAP

  Set iPer = CreateObject("CDO.Person")

With iPer
 'Set first and last names and company name
 .FirstName = "Peter"
 .LastName = "Porzuczek"
 .Company = "Coho Winery"
 .WorkCountry = "CANADA"
 'Indicate that this is a contact
 .Fields("objectClass").Value = "contact"
 'Save changes made to properties
 .Fields.Update
End With

'Setup the LDAP string
strLDAP = "LDAP://Server/CN=Test User, dc=domain, dc=com"

'Save the contact to Active Directory
iPer.DataSource.SaveTo strLDAP
%>

This scripts shows that the contact information was exists

<%
'Declare variables
Dim iPer
Dim strLDAP

  Set iPer = CreateObject("CDO.Person")

  'Setup the LDAP string
  strLDAP = "LDAP://Server/CN=Test User, dc=domain, dc=com"

  iPer.DataSource.Open strLDAP

With iPer
 Response.Write( "<p>" & .FirstName & " " )
 Response.Write( .LastName & "</p>")
 Response.Write( "<p>" & .Company & "</p>" )
    Response.Write( "<p>" & .WorkCountry & "</p>" )
End With

%>

2. ]

3. Exchange tabs not appearing in Active Directory Users and Computers

4. Closed mailboxes

5. The fourth tab of exchange not seen in Active Directory users and computers snap in

6. Exchange 5 to 5.5SP1 upgrade - OWA stopped working

7. Active Directory Users and Computers

8. Can you figure this one out?

9. missing tabs in Active Directory User and Computers

10. Active Directory Users and Computers

11. Lost e-mails due to account being Disabled in Active Directory Users and Computers

12. Active Directory Users and Computers