Email addresses not updated in AD, even after manual Recipient Policy update

Email addresses not updated in AD, even after manual Recipient Policy update

Post by Garry Meadow » Sun, 16 Feb 2003 02:05:36

I have created several new users for a new company we
have.  In the process I allowed Active Directory wizard
to create their mailboxes as well.  After over twenty
minutes, I could still not see their email addresses in
ADUC.  I checked the recipient update policy, which was
set to always run, and I also forced it to update now.
After ten minutes I still have no email addresses
showing.

I checked the event viewer and found an event related to
the Address List, but neither the KB nor eventid.net have
any documentation on it.

Hopefully someone else can provide some guidance.

Thank you,

Garry

Event Type:     Error
Event Source:   MSExchangeAL
Event Category: Address List Synchronization
Event ID:       8331
Date:           2/14/2003
Time:           11:06:00 AM
User:           N/A
Computer:       VCWH
The service threw an unexpected exception which was
caught at y:\dsa\src\lra\abv_dg\lservagent.cpp(4664)

For more information, click

1. Recipient Policy not updating Email Addresses

We have added a 2nd recipient policy as part of our
transition to a new company in our test lab.  The Policy
has priority of 1, (the default policy is "lowest") with a
new primary email address.  We have defined the filter on
it to go to all users on the specific server (we only have
one mailbox store server).  If we do a Find on the policy
filter, it gets all 658 users.  We have saved the policy
and run both the update of the policy and the Recipient
Update Service (which is set to run always). We find no
errors in logs.

None of the users receive the new primary address from the
policy.  Any ideas why? Or what could fix it? Where to
look at logs for tracking the attempts?

Bob Rueter

2. Creating Folders and Entries into Folders

3. Recipient Policies not Updating AD Accounts

4. Tool for contact database

5. AD not being updated correctly by Recipient Update Service

6. Corrupted PST File

7. Recipient Policies: Not Updating AD Accounts

8. MULTIPLE LOGONS - Private Information Store

9. Clearing Automatically Update email policies based on recipient policies in code

10. Automatically update email addresses based on recipient policy

11. recipient update policy takes longer to push the email addresses generation

12. recipient policies not updating

13. Recipient Policies based on groups not updating