Getting Free Busy Time via CDO or another reference

Getting Free Busy Time via CDO or another reference

Post by asd » Tue, 26 Mar 2002 15:33:39

I would like to know where I can go to get the free busy times for
people in the GAL?  Can CDO do this?

-sed

Post by Siegfried Weber [MVP » Wed, 27 Mar 2002 01:16:52

> I would like to know where I can go to get the free busy times for
> people in the GAL?  Can CDO do this?

Assuming you are talking about CDO 1.21, check the CDO documentation
(http://www.cdolive.com/cdo.htm has a copy as CDO.HLP file). Basically each
CDO 1.21 address entry object has a method to retrieve it like that:

strAvail = objAddressEntry.GetFreeBusy(StartTime, EndTime, Interval)

Assuming you are talking about CDOEX (CDO for Exchange 2000), check the
Exchange 2000 SDK. Basically the IAddressee object has a GetFreeBusy to
retrieve that information like that:

strAvail = IAddressee.GetFreeBusy(StartTime, EndTime, Interval)

--
<Siegfried />

Microsoft Most Valuable Professional (MVP) - Exchange Server
Co-author of "Professional CDO Programming", Wrox Press 1999

CDOLive - The Premier Resource for Microsoft Messaging and Collaboration
Application Technology
http://www.cdolive.com

Please reply to the newsgroups so that others can benefit from the
discussion.
Questions by e-mail are discarded without further notice.

1. CDO Reference for getting to Categories in Event Script

I am trying to specify "Categories" in a Event Script. The code is as
follows:

'---------------------------------------------------------------------------
---
'   Name: SetMessageCategories
'   Area: Global
'   Desc: Sets the Message Categories of an incoming Message
'   Parm: None
'---------------------------------------------------------------------------
---
Private Sub SetMessageCategories()
  Dim CDOSession, oMsgTarget
  Dim idFolder, fldFolder
  Dim NewMC, CurItem

  Set CDOSession = EventDetails.Session
  idFolder = EventDetails.FolderID
  Set fldFolder = CDOSession.GetFolder( idFolder, Null )
  Set CurItem = CDOSession.GetMessage( EventDetails.MessageID, Null )

  Call DebugAppend("SetMessageCategories: " & CurItem.Subject, False)
  Call DebugAppend("> FolderName: " & fldFolder.Name, False)

  CurItem.Categories()(1) = "CIS"
  CurItem.Categories()(2) = fldFolder.Name
  CurItem.Unread = TRUE
  CurItem.Update
  Call DebugAppend("> Categories: " & CurItem.Categories()(1), False)
  Call DebugAppend("> Categories: " & CurItem.Categories()(2), False)
  Call DebugAppend("> Categories Updated:", False)
End Sub

The error I get is:
Run time error at line 106. Source: Collaboration Data Objects Error: 43f.

The reference to "Categories()(i)" is right out of the CDO.HLP file shipped
with Exc 5.5, am I missing something, or is the "example" code for VB
different than what I need to use for VBScript.

Thanks.

Andrew

2. Save as...

3. How do i reference CDO via COM interop

4. remove exchange

5. Free / Busy Exchange ( SEND / RECIEVE Free/Busy Information ) problems

6. Email Statistics

7. Lost my Free/Busy database (Schedule+ Free and Busy public folder)

8. Notification message

9. Exch2000: getting adress information and free/busy information from another organization

10. Free/busy time message

11. Free/Busy Update time

12. Resource Calendars Display Incorrect Free and Busy Times

13. free/busy time