Display Unread Email via ASP Web Page

Post by Christina Shoult » Wed, 15 Mar 2000 04:00:00

I need to write an ASP page that can display unread email messages to NT
authenticated users.  IIS and Exchange are on separate servers.  If
possible, I also want to show them any appointments/tasks for the
current day.  Where do I begin?  Do I research CDONTS, MAPI, something
else?  The unread mail must be displayed on a small section of the
screen, so they can't just use Outlook web access.  I know the user's NT
name and email box name.  They are authenticated.  I'd rather not need
to prompt for a password if possible.  Any tips *greatly* appreciated.

web page crashes often on my machine).  THANK YOU!

Display Unread Email via ASP Web Page

Post by Sue Mosher [MVP » Thu, 16 Mar 2000 04:00:00

You need to be working with CDO, specifically the HTML rendering engine.
Start at http://www.slipstick.com/dev/cdo.htm or http://www.cdolive.com.
--
Sue Mosher
Author of

> I need to write an ASP page that can display unread email messages to NT
> authenticated users.  IIS and Exchange are on separate servers.  If
> possible, I also want to show them any appointments/tasks for the
> current day.  Where do I begin?  Do I research CDONTS, MAPI, something
> else?  The unread mail must be displayed on a small section of the
> screen, so they can't just use Outlook web access.  I know the user's NT
> name and email box name.  They are authenticated.  I'd rather not need
> to prompt for a password if possible.  Any tips *greatly* appreciated.

> web page crashes often on my machine).  THANK YOU!

1. Bulk Mailbox creation via .asp web page.

   Currently we use the Exchange import function, \exchsrvr\bin\admin /i
createmailboxs.csv, to bulk create/delete mailboxes but this must be
executed on the Exchange server where we wish the mailboxes created.    I
want to create a web front end that would allow people to bulk create
mailboxes from any computer with IE installed.   They would of course
require the appropriate permissions! :-)

   I have been unsuccessful at spawning the Exchange import from an asp
page.

   Is there some library available that I could use with
JScript/VBScript/Perl that would allow me to create/delete/modify Exchange
5.5 objects from an Active Server web page?

   Is there some way to execute the Exchange directory import command from
an Active Server web page?

2. Outlook 2000 in XP Pro connect to Exchange 2K timeout

3. Update/Display AD User Properties via web page

4. Connecting Mac to Exchange

5. Exchange monitors displayed via a web page

6. Newbie - News Groups

7. Display unread email summary in other web applications (ex: employee dashboard)

8. Carriage Return Inserted

9. Need ASP script for sending Email from a Web Page

10. Some body has an HTML or ASP page to display the Exchange Public Folder

11. Logoff.asp page cannot be displayed

12. Mailing a file via ASP page

13. Posting to a public folder via an ASP page