copying contact items from mailboxes and public folders to another public folder

copying contact items from mailboxes and public folders to another public folder

Post by Timothy Martlin » Sat, 07 Dec 2002 05:52:47

I'm trying to come up with a way to create a public folder that contains
contacts which are harvested from certain user's contacts folders and some
public folders on a nightly basis. I am only looking for contacts which have
a specific value in the 'Categories' field.         From research I've been
doing today, it seems like I need to use CDO to log into each mailbox and
then cycle through their contacts to find the ones that fit the category
criteria, then copy them to the public folder, then copy the contacts from
each public folder. Should I run this in a vbs file? Can someone give me a
nudge on the basic coding outline to do this?