Link to SQL Server from outlook public folder

Link to SQL Server from outlook public folder

Post by DA » Wed, 10 Apr 2002 01:02:18

Hi,
Is it possible to have an "Outlook Public Folder" set up with a link to
a "SQL Server" table so that the data in the Outlook folder is
"mirrored" in the SQL server table (eg. if I add or delete in the
Outlook folder, the same will happen in the SQL Server table).

The reason we want to do this is so that we can query the data in the
Outlook folder and produce custom reports from it.  Do you know if
anyone else does this or if there is an easy way to do this?

Thanks,
Debbie

Link to SQL Server from outlook public folder

Post by Rober » Wed, 10 Apr 2002 05:00:31

Debbie,

if you use the Exchange OLE DB provider, you can query any Exchange public
folder as if it were a table. That's probably a lot easier than what you are
looking for (I should know, I coded a similar solution a few years back).

Fortune&Glory,
Robert

Quote:> Hi,
> Is it possible to have an "Outlook Public Folder" set up with a link to
> a "SQL Server" table so that the data in the Outlook folder is
> "mirrored" in the SQL server table (eg. if I add or delete in the
> Outlook folder, the same will happen in the SQL Server table).

> The reason we want to do this is so that we can query the data in the
> Outlook folder and produce custom reports from it.  Do you know if
> anyone else does this or if there is an easy way to do this?

> Thanks,
> Debbie

1. Link to SQL Server from Outlook public folder?

Hi,
Is it possible to have an "Outlook Public Folder" set up with a link to
a "SQL Server" table so that the data in the Outlook folder is
"mirrored" in the SQL server table (eg. if I add or delete in the
Outlook folder, the same will happen in the SQL Server table).

The reason we want to do this is so that we can query the data in the
Outlook folder and produce custom reports from it.  Do you know if
anyone else does this or if there is an easy way to do this?

2. Reports for Exchange Servers

3. Exchange 5.5 as SQL Server 7 Linked Server

4. How can I access any user's email in inbox with it's user-alias and password?

5. Linking Exchange Server with SQL Server

6. Custom Fax forms

7. Extract data from Outlook public folders to SQL database

8. Cant send messages with Exchange 5.5

9. Links to item in public folders using Outlook:// type URLS

10. Can outlook express link to the public folders?

11. Links to item in public folders using Outlook:// type URLS

12. Relative links in word in Outlook public folders

13. An Outlook URL that links from Web page to Public Folder