Disaster recovery tools...

Post by Ziya akta » Sat, 20 Feb 1999 04:00:00

My exchange server was crashed...I recovered it but I want some tools
for mailbox importing to new exchange server...anybody know it?...help
me..

1. Exchange Disaster Recovery becoming a Disaster

Good Afternoon

We are trying to restore Exchange 2K onto a different server.

We are following the restore procedure from the MS Exchange website and have
done a basic installation of Windows 2K and have restored the Active
Directory. However have the following problem.

When we attempt to re-install Exchange using the /DisaterRecovery switch the
installation immediately fails with the following error in the Event Viewer:

The description for Event ID (1005) in source (BOExchangeSetup) cannot be
found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or
message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. The following
information is part of the event: The system cannot find the specified.
Facility:Win32 ID no: c0070002 Microsoft Exchange Setup.

We have restored the AD for a second time with the same result.

Is there away around this problem or maybe a better route to restoring
Exchange??

Thanks

Mike

2. Barring attachments of a certain type.

3. 16-bit Client for Exchange 5.0

4. Disaster Recovery - I need to create damage in InfoStore to test recovery procedures

5. Trying to add server to existing site.

6. Disaster Recovery options

7. Distribution List

8. "disaster recovery" question

9. Exchange Replication for Disaster Recovery

10. Advanced Disaster Recovery

11. Recovery exchange server after disaster

12. Disaster Recovery, Failover, Cluster