Sharing Outlook Calendars, etc, With Exchange

Sharing Outlook Calendars, etc, With Exchange

Post by David Hah » Thu, 23 Apr 1998 04:00:00

I have Exchange running on the server, and Outlook installed on the client
machines.  I know that for users to be able to edit each others calendars,
etc., I need to have the folders in their exchange mailbox (correct me if I
am wrong).  However, I don't know how to get the calendar folder for example
into the Exchange mailbox.  Where is each Exchange mailbox located if I was
trying to get to it with explorer?  How do I move the Outlook folders to
this folder (do I just move the *.pst file for each person?, but then where
do I move it?)

I REALLY NEED HELP ON THIS ISSUE AND NEED IT FAST.  PLEASE E-MAIL ME THE
RESPONSE.  THIS WILL SAVE MY LIFE!!!

Dave

Sharing Outlook Calendars, etc, With Exchange

Post by Greg Crozie » Sat, 25 Apr 1998 04:00:00

From the Outlook client select View...Folders.  This will enable you to see
the Users server side folders, which are shareable.  Each user must
right-click on their Calander (the one on the server, not in their personal
folders) and select properties...permissions.  They can then add the users
that they wish to share with, and assign them Reviewer rights.  To open
someone else's calander go to File..Open...Other User's Folders and type in
the user name and select calander from the drop-down list.  They will then
be able to open the calander provided they have been granted the proper
rights to do so.

When I first set mine up I was having some problems with the server-side
folders showing up for some users.  So I had to run Outlook /resetfolders
from the command line, which recreated the folders on the server.

Good Luck,
Greg Crozier

>I have Exchange running on the server, and Outlook installed on the client
>machines.  I know that for users to be able to edit each others calendars,
>etc., I need to have the folders in their exchange mailbox (correct me if I
>am wrong).  However, I don't know how to get the calendar folder for
example
>into the Exchange mailbox.  Where is each Exchange mailbox located if I was
>trying to get to it with explorer?  How do I move the Outlook folders to
>this folder (do I just move the *.pst file for each person?, but then where
>do I move it?)

>I REALLY NEED HELP ON THIS ISSUE AND NEED IT FAST.  PLEASE E-MAIL ME THE
>RESPONSE.  THIS WILL SAVE MY LIFE!!!

>Dave

1. Need HELP on Sharing Objects (Mail, Calendars, etc.)

I have been testing the ability to share objects located in an Exchange V
5.0 user's mailbox  with other Exchange users.  Here's the procedure I'm
using:
From Owner's account
        - Create Object in Mailbox Folder (i.e. not Personal Folder)
                  In this example it's called "Operations Schedule"
        - Select Object and access properties
        - Using Permissions Tab add appropriate users.
        - Select "role" of Publishing Author for each users
From "Publishing Author's" Outlook screen
        - Access "Open Special Folder" window
        - Enter owner's name and appropriate object type
        - Object now appears in Outlook but when they try to open the object they
          get an error message.

Any Ideas or Recommendations!!!!

2. pb with generation of exchange domain

3. Sharing Contacts, Busy/Free Time etc etc

4. Exchange 2000 connectivity problems with Outlook across internet

5. Outlook calendar, etc on exchange server

6. NEW ISP--Exchange Server Not Working Correctly

7. Outlook sharing contacts, etc.

8. Remove Exchange... and install again

9. Using the internet to check Outlook email, calendar etc

10. Shortcuts to Outlook folders, inc Contacts, Calendar etc

11. Outlook calendar (schedule) sharing with which Exchange version ?

12. sharing of calendars and contacts with exchange and outlook

13. How to share a remote exchange calendar with a outlook .pst user in the office