Message recall

Post by Neil MacMurch » Fri, 22 Nov 2002 01:57:36

Is there a way to have the Exchange 2000 server process message recalls
instead of the client?

Neil MacMurchy

Message recall

Post by Ward Flowers [MS » Fri, 22 Nov 2002 02:43:42

In your support directory (support\utils\i386\exmerge) there is a utility
called Exmerge that has the option to delete a message based on subject or
attachment name (this is for messages already in the store--an event sink
could be used to filter messages in the sending process).  The exmerge.doc
file in the same directory has more details.

--
Ward Flowers
Exchange Support Professional

****** Disclaimer ******

Note: Please do NOT reply to this e-mail address. It is used for newsgroup
purposes only.

Quote:> Is there a way to have the Exchange 2000 server process message recalls
> instead of the client?

> Neil MacMurchy

Message recall

Post by Neil MacMurch » Fri, 22 Nov 2002 03:37:54

Hi Ward:
    Actually what I am trying to find out is where the actual recall of the
message occurs. Is the outlook "Recall Message" option carried out entirely
by the client or is the actual recall processed by the Exchange server?

Neil MacMurchy

> In your support directory (support\utils\i386\exmerge) there is a utility
> called Exmerge that has the option to delete a message based on subject or
> attachment name (this is for messages already in the store--an event sink
> could be used to filter messages in the sending process).  The exmerge.doc
> file in the same directory has more details.

> --
> Ward Flowers
> Exchange Support Professional

> ****** Disclaimer ******
rights.

> Note: Please do NOT reply to this e-mail address. It is used for newsgroup
> purposes only.

> > Is there a way to have the Exchange 2000 server process message recalls
> > instead of the client?

> > Neil MacMurchy

1. Why does Message Recall show the original post with the Message Recall Message?

We are running Exchange 2000 SP2 with all Outlook 2000 clients.
When someone sends a message and then tries to recall it doesn't
remove the original message from the recipient mailbox, even if they haven't
opened it? If the Recall was successful, why does the original sender
show both the original message plus the Message Recall notification?
Thanks for any insight you can provide.

Thanks,
Larry Miller

2. Simple Rename Attachments Anti-Virus

3. Attempting to verify Message Recall Functionality

4. Information Store Size Limit

5. Message Recall

6. Add/Modify custom fields using CDO.Appointment

7. Spam

8. Message recall fails after several hours....

9. Message recall taking hours

10. Message Recall is slow and irradic

11. Message recall slow

12. Message Recall Failed