Disaster Recovery, Failover, Cluster

Post by Raik Nettlin » Sat, 04 Nov 2000 06:36:45

 We are using Exchange 5.5 SP 3. Everybody is using offline folders with a
synchronization time of every 60 minutes. I do every night a full backup. In
a test environment, I tried MS recovery
procedures:http://www.microsoft.com/Exchange/techinfo/backuprestore.htm
After restoring Exchange Server the users cannot synchronize the offline
folders back. The Outlook 2000 profile is unchanged.
Is there a way to force Exchange server to synchronize with the offline
folders, because the users would only loose one hour of e-mails ?
Does anyone has good experiences with a low maintenance Exchange
cluster/fail-over solution?
Thx Raik

1. Exchange Disaster Recovery becoming a Disaster

Good Afternoon

We are trying to restore Exchange 2K onto a different server.

We are following the restore procedure from the MS Exchange website and have
done a basic installation of Windows 2K and have restored the Active
Directory. However have the following problem.

When we attempt to re-install Exchange using the /DisaterRecovery switch the
installation immediately fails with the following error in the Event Viewer:

The description for Event ID (1005) in source (BOExchangeSetup) cannot be
found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or
message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. The following
information is part of the event: The system cannot find the specified.
Facility:Win32 ID no: c0070002 Microsoft Exchange Setup.

We have restored the AD for a second time with the same result.

Is there away around this problem or maybe a better route to restoring
Exchange??

Thanks

Mike

2. ost files

3. DELIVERY FAILURE

4. Disaster Recovery - I need to create damage in InfoStore to test recovery procedures

5. LDif & Exchange 2000

6. Cluster Failover Requires Restart of OL2K Clients

7. Event sinks multiple transaction

8. Exchange 5.5 Cluster with 2 nodes failover problem

9. Clustering Question - Failover Time

10. How do I force a cluster failover?

11. Cluster failover & Exchange performance counters

12. Undeliverable Mail after failover on Exchange2000 Cluster