Exchange / Outlook and Shared Contacts

Post by Steven Wile » Sat, 11 Jan 1997 04:00:00

I would like to setup a shared contacts list on my Exchange(4.0) server and
access these contacts via OutLook '97.  The current application that holds
my contacts can export the contacts into .dbf or csv files.

If someone could point in the right direction it would be of great help !

Thanks

Exchange / Outlook and Shared Contacts

Post by Dave Howel » Sun, 12 Jan 1997 04:00:00

Setup a public shared contacts folder....You can do this in Outlook and it
can look just like your personal Outlook Contacts folder....

Quote:> I would like to setup a shared contacts list on my Exchange(4.0) server
and
> access these contacts via OutLook '97.  The current application that
holds
> my contacts can export the contacts into .dbf or csv files.

> If someone could point in the right direction it would be of great help !

> Thanks

Exchange / Outlook and Shared Contacts

Post by Don Adam » Thu, 16 Jan 1997 04:00:00

Use the Outlook Import Wizard.  It works great!  I would use the DBF format
so you can use the field mapper in the import wizard.

Once you've imported the data, all you have to do is move the folder to a
public folder.

This is a great way to share contacts.  There is a lot more that needs to
be done, but it's an excellent start.

Don Adams