Distribution Group to Global Group

Post by Jura Vala » Sat, 10 May 2003 02:44:34

Hi,

Not so funny feature in Active Directory and Exchange 2000 (W2K SP3, E2K
SP3):

1) Create a Distribution Group
2) As a basic user, give permission to your calendar to just created
Distribution Group (ay type of permission)
3) Wait about 5 minutes
4) Vola, Distribution Group will change automatically to Global Group (by
basic user permissions=domain user)

Cool, that domain users can change group types in Active Directory.

I think that there must be some resolution to deny that? Just can't figure
out how...

Jura

1. Exchange group same as NT global group

We use Exchange 5.5.
We have an NT global group, let's say it's called "Management".

I'd like to create an Exchange group with the same members as "Management",
but I'd like it to update automatically when the NT global group is changed.
Is there a way to create an Exchange group that is like a pointer to the NT
group.

Thanks.

2. Out-of-Office and mail forwarding

3. Distribution Group can contain other group?

4. restoring dir.edb problems

5. Security Group Vs Distribution Group

6. Cant delete a message :-(

7. Security Groups vs Distribution Groups

8. Context sensitive help in WordBasic

9. Distribution Group not showing in Global Address List

10. Global Distribution Groups

11. Global/domain local distribution groups.

12. Creating distribution lists from NT4 global groups

13. adding users personal distribution groups to global address list