Outlook works but Outlook Express can't send the mail out with Error 0x800CCC79

Outlook works but Outlook Express can't send the mail out with Error 0x800CCC79

Post by John Cho » Sat, 16 Mar 2002 21:10:36

I just setup my Exchange 2000 server at home through cable modem.
Ironically, I am able to send and receive the email through internal and
external  on Outlook2000.  However,  Express is having a problem to send the
message with the following error code even with internal client:
The message could not be sent because one of the recipients was rejected by

test', Account: 'mail.domain.com', Server: 'mail.domain.com', Protocol:

Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 550, Error Number: 0x800CCC79

The closest answer I can find from technet is
http://support.microsoft.com/search/preview.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q290808
Unfortunately, it did not help me out.  The thing puzzles me why Outlook
works except Outlook Express.  I understand Express is using pop3 to
retrieve the data but both of them are using SMTP to send the memo out.

Any help will be appreciated.

Outlook works but Outlook Express can't send the mail out with Error 0x800CCC79

Post by Kevin Mille » Sun, 17 Mar 2002 01:13:33

you need to set the outlook express client to login for out bound email.
there is a Check box somewhere to do this.

--
~Kevinm WLKMMAS

> I just setup my Exchange 2000 server at home through cable modem.
> Ironically, I am able to send and receive the email through internal and
> external  on Outlook2000.  However,  Express is having a problem to send
the
> message with the following error code even with internal client:
> The message could not be sent because one of the recipients was rejected
by

'Re:
> test', Account: 'mail.domain.com', Server: 'mail.domain.com', Protocol:

> Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 550, Error Number: 0x800CCC79

> The closest answer I can find from technet is
> http://support.microsoft.com/search/preview.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q290808
> Unfortunately, it did not help me out.  The thing puzzles me why Outlook
> works except Outlook Express.  I understand Express is using pop3 to
> retrieve the data but both of them are using SMTP to send the memo out.

> Any help will be appreciated.

Outlook works but Outlook Express can't send the mail out with Error 0x800CCC79

Post by John Cho » Wed, 20 Mar 2002 03:48:43

I am enabled out bound mail security in the check box.   I can sent out the
email through outlook express.  I build second exchange server in the same
domain.  Create another user on the second exchange server.  Log on the user
with the same profile, somehow gives me the same problem.  I was thinking
this could be exchange configuration problem instead of Express client
configurtion.  I have no problem with outlook.