body type rejected by remote host NDR

Post by Steve Hawort » Fri, 14 Dec 2001 21:46:29

We have an Exchange 5.5 system linked to our exchange 2000 system by an SMTP
connector. Some external mail users are reporting an intermittant problem
where mail to the Exchange 5.5 users is being rejected with the NDR message
"body type rejected by remote host". External mail is routed to 5.5 by
a mimesweeper box and the Exchange 2000 mail system.

We have already applied Microsoft fix Q262168 to all relavant Exchange 2000
servers.

Any ideas?

Thanks

body type rejected by remote host NDR

Post by xavi » Thu, 20 Dec 2001 18:17:54

I`ve fixed this problem by disabling 8bitmime in the smtp,
now i'm no thaving this 'bdy type error'

hope this helps

Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>We have an Exchange 5.5 system linked to our exchange

2000 system by an SMTP
Quote:>connector. Some external mail users are reporting an

intermittant problem
Quote:>where mail to the Exchange 5.5 users is being rejected

with the NDR message
Quote:>"body type rejected by remote host". External mail is
routed to 5.5 by
>a mimesweeper box and the Exchange 2000 mail system.

>We have already applied Microsoft fix Q262168 to all

relavant Exchange 2000
Quote:>servers.

>Any ideas?

>Thanks

>.

body type rejected by remote host NDR

Post by Per Farn » Sat, 02 Feb 2002 00:17:22

Steve,
Not sure if you've solved this yet, but the fix is in disabling the 8bitmime
ESMTP verb. Check Technet for "disabling ESMTP verbs" or something similar.

-Per

Quote:> We have an Exchange 5.5 system linked to our exchange 2000 system by an
SMTP
> connector. Some external mail users are reporting an intermittant problem
> where mail to the Exchange 5.5 users is being rejected with the NDR
message
> "body type rejected by remote host". External mail is routed to 5.5 by
> a mimesweeper box and the Exchange 2000 mail system.

> We have already applied Microsoft fix Q262168 to all relavant Exchange
2000
> servers.

> Any ideas?

> Thanks

1. NDR 554 Body type not supported by Remote Host

I'm getting the following NDR when email is being
automatically forwarded by Exchange 2K to external users;

Action: failed

This only happends with some emails, other go through
just fine, so I think it has something to do with the
email formatting. Any way to get these to go through?

-Roy

2. SP4 Fails

3. NDR - smtp;554 5.6.1 Body type not supported by Remote Host

4. exchange spam filter wanted

5. body type not supported by remote host

6. All Tabs except ExchangeTabs

7. Error 554 5.6.1 Body type not supported by Remote Host

8. System attendant does not start

9. 5.6.1 Body type not supported by Remote Host

10. Error 554 5.6.1 Body type not supported by Remote Host

11. Body type not supported by remote host

12. Error 554 5.6.1 Body type not supported by Remote Host

13. Body type not supported by Remote Host