How to Configure OWA

Post by Matt H » Fri, 07 Dec 2001 10:36:38

Dear Professionals,

I am currently facing an installation of exchange and I
would like to provide my client with the Features of OWA.
The only problem is that I have no idea how to set it up.
Would anyone be kind enough to take a guy step by step
onhow to configure the OWA on my Small Business Server
2000?

Also I am confused on how to chare Calendar & Contacts. I
am not sure if Net folders is the way to go. Or is there a
default means in Outlook w/Exchange?

Best Reagrds,
Matthew Hahn

How to Configure OWA

Post by Steve Hal » Mon, 10 Dec 2001 16:12:38

Matt,

If you accepted the defaults for your SBS2000 installation, OWA should be
installed and configured by default.  You may want to check that the IIS
Default Web Site is available on the desired NIC on port 80, other than
that, it should have been configured to work as part of the default
installation procedure.

Navigate to http://Your_server_fqdn/exchange and respond to the
authentication request with the username (alias) of the Mailbox enabled user
account you wish to load in OWA, password and domain name of your SBS2000
installation.

If you encounter problems with this,

1. Check that you didn't de-select OWA on the initial install
2. Check that your ISA/firewall topology is not getting in the way of OWA.

Good luck,

-Steve.

Quote:> Dear Professionals,