Schedule Mail Transfer based on Message Size or Off Peak Times.

Schedule Mail Transfer based on Message Size or Off Peak Times.

Post by Pat Kilde » Thu, 05 Sep 2002 03:09:55

I seem to remember that Exchange has the capability of allowing larger
messages, and attachments to be transferred during off peak hours.  I'm not
referring to scheduling the connector series, or connection agreement, but
actually configuring the transfer to hold messages that meet a certain
criteria until say 2000 Hours, Etc.  Does anyone have any information on
this?

Thanks

---

Schedule Mail Transfer based on Message Size or Off Peak Times.

Post by Mark Fugat » Thu, 05 Sep 2002 03:28:51

Pat

On the SMTP Connector properties you can go to the "Delivery Options" tab
and set to use a different delivery time for oversized messages.

Is that what you are looking for?

--
Mark Fugatt
Pentech Office Solutions Inc

Quote:> I seem to remember that Exchange has the capability of allowing larger
> messages, and attachments to be transferred during off peak hours.  I'm
not
> referring to scheduling the connector series, or connection agreement, but
> actually configuring the transfer to hold messages that meet a certain
> criteria until say 2000 Hours, Etc.  Does anyone have any information on
> this?

> Thanks

> ---

Schedule Mail Transfer based on Message Size or Off Peak Times.

Post by Pat Kilde » Thu, 05 Sep 2002 03:25:14

Mark, Thanks that's exactly what I'm looking for.  However, where under the
IMC will I find the SMTP Connector?

> Pat

> On the SMTP Connector properties you can go to the "Delivery Options" tab
> and set to use a different delivery time for oversized messages.

> Is that what you are looking for?

> --
> Mark Fugatt
> Pentech Office Solutions Inc
> www.exchangetrainer.com and www.4mcts.com
> Visit www.msexchange.org for practical information on Microsoft Exchange

> --- Please respond to this newsgroup and not directly via Email ---

> > I seem to remember that Exchange has the capability of allowing larger
> > messages, and attachments to be transferred during off peak hours.  I'm
> not
> > referring to scheduling the connector series, or connection agreement,
but
> > actually configuring the transfer to hold messages that meet a certain
> > criteria until say 2000 Hours, Etc.  Does anyone have any information on
> > this?

> > Thanks

> > ---

---

Schedule Mail Transfer based on Message Size or Off Peak Times.

Post by Mark Fugat » Thu, 05 Sep 2002 03:38:22

Pat

I assume you are running Exchange 2000?, by default you do not have an SMTP
Connector you just have an SMTP Virtual Server, so you will need to create
an SMTP Connector, go into Exchange System Manager and you should be able to
find a container called "Connectors" if you right click over the container
and select New > SMTP Connector.

--
Mark Fugatt

> Mark, Thanks that's exactly what I'm looking for.  However, where under
the
> IMC will I find the SMTP Connector?

> > Pat

> > On the SMTP Connector properties you can go to the "Delivery Options"
tab
> > and set to use a different delivery time for oversized messages.

> > Is that what you are looking for?

> > --
> > Mark Fugatt
> > Pentech Office Solutions Inc
> > www.exchangetrainer.com and www.4mcts.com
> > Visit www.msexchange.org for practical information on Microsoft Exchange

> > --- Please respond to this newsgroup and not directly via Email ---

> > > I seem to remember that Exchange has the capability of allowing larger
> > > messages, and attachments to be transferred during off peak hours.
I'm
> > not
> > > referring to scheduling the connector series, or connection agreement,
> but
> > > actually configuring the transfer to hold messages that meet a certain
> > > criteria until say 2000 Hours, Etc.  Does anyone have any information
on
> > > this?

> > > Thanks

> > > ---

> ---

Schedule Mail Transfer based on Message Size or Off Peak Times.

Post by Pat Kilde » Thu, 05 Sep 2002 03:35:01

Got it.

Thanks....

> Pat

> I assume you are running Exchange 2000?, by default you do not have an
SMTP
> Connector you just have an SMTP Virtual Server, so you will need to create
> an SMTP Connector, go into Exchange System Manager and you should be able
> find a container called "Connectors" if you right click over the container
> and select New > SMTP Connector.

> --
> Mark Fugatt

> > Mark, Thanks that's exactly what I'm looking for.  However, where under
> the
> > IMC will I find the SMTP Connector?

> > > Pat

> > > On the SMTP Connector properties you can go to the "Delivery Options"
> tab
> > > and set to use a different delivery time for oversized messages.

> > > Is that what you are looking for?

> > > --
> > > Mark Fugatt
> > > Pentech Office Solutions Inc
> > > www.exchangetrainer.com and www.4mcts.com
> > > Visit www.msexchange.org for practical information on Microsoft
Exchange

> > > --- Please respond to this newsgroup and not directly via Email ---

> I'm
> > > not
> > but
> on

> > ---

---

1. Scheduling for off peak download

Hi,

can someone point me in the right direction for setting up a schedule for
downloading subcribed newsgroups.
I'd like to setup for off-peak full content download ie. say at 2am when net
traffic is low and phone charges minimum.
   using:     MSExchange 5.5 with BackOffice 4.5.

Thanks!

2. Can't mail to Organisation on same LAN

3. Sceduling subscribed newsgroups off peak

4. CDO with VC++, and owner folder

5. Information Store keeps shutting down during peak times.

6. HELP on schedule replication.

7. Mail routing time according message size

8. Move site wizard

9. Message transfer times

10. ERROR - message transferred through SMTP over 50 times...

11. Message transfer times

12. Diagnostic was unable to transfer, message timed out????

13. Message transfer times