Moving Exchange 2000 server to different box

Moving Exchange 2000 server to different box

Post by Jerem » Fri, 06 Sep 2002 07:55:51

I am trying to figure out how to move exchange server 2000
to a new computer. I need to keep my old server as a
Domain Controller. I would like this to be a secondary DC
running Exchange 2000 server. I have heard about move
server wizard, is this the tool I need to use?

Thank you,
Jeremy

Moving Exchange 2000 server to different box

Post by Nino Bilic [MS » Fri, 06 Sep 2002 11:04:01

No, does not sound like this - this wizard works only between two different
Orgs, not just two servers in the same Administrative Group.

You should install the second server, join it into the same organization and
Admin Group as this one is and then move your mailboxes and public folders
to the new server.

--
Nino Bilic
Exchange Support

Please do NOT reply to this e-mail address. It is used for newsgroup
purposes only.

Quote:> I am trying to figure out how to move exchange server 2000
> to a new computer. I need to keep my old server as a
> Domain Controller. I would like this to be a secondary DC
> running Exchange 2000 server. I have heard about move
> server wizard, is this the tool I need to use?

> Thank you,
> Jeremy

Moving Exchange 2000 server to different box

Post by Jerem » Fri, 06 Sep 2002 23:38:54

I have figured out how to move mailboxes. How do I move
Public folders??

Thank you
Jeremy

Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>No, does not sound like this - this wizard works only

between two different
Quote:>Orgs, not just two servers in the same Administrative
Group.

>You should install the second server, join it into the

same organization and
>Admin Group as this one is and then move your mailboxes
and public folders
>to the new server.

>--
>Nino Bilic
>Exchange Support

confers no rights.

>Please do NOT reply to this e-mail address. It is used
for newsgroup
>purposes only.

>> I am trying to figure out how to move exchange server
2000
>> to a new computer. I need to keep my old server as a
>> Domain Controller. I would like this to be a secondary
DC
>> running Exchange 2000 server. I have heard about move
>> server wizard, is this the tool I need to use?

>> Thank you,
>> Jeremy

>.

Moving Exchange 2000 server to different box

Post by Jerem » Thu, 12 Sep 2002 04:11:14

I ofund out how to rehome public folders. You need to
follow the Q article: Q288150.

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-
US;q288150&

-Jeremy

1. moving of mail boxes between exchange servers at different site

I have a single domain with three defferent site each site
has exchange 2000 with cluster installed , all the
exchange services on the three sites are running , when i
try to move user mailbox from site one to site two from
the active directory the exchange task it gives me the
following error:

information store could not be open , logon to exchange
server computer faild , with event id 1008

the default mailbox store which contain system attended
mailbox is mounted.
could you help me please.

2. Exchange 5.5. and Exchange 2000 coexistance

3. Errors during mailbox box move from one Exchange 2000 RC1 server to another RC1 Server

4. Microsoft Linkage Directory Exchange 3.2

5. Moving boxes to different server, site and domain

6. Failure for a CDO post

7. Move mail box same server to different Home Directory

8. Moving a Mailbox to another Site?

9. moving exchange5.5 on NT4 to exchange 2000 on different win2000 server in same domain

10. Want to Move a WIN2K Server Also Running Exchange 2000 to different PC

11. Moving Exchange 2000 to a different server in the same site

12. Moving exchange 2000 database to different server

13. Moving Exchange 2000 To Different Server