MSExchangeSA fails to start

Post by Mar » Sat, 18 Jan 2003 19:50:02

Dear All,

Thanks in advance for taking the time to read this post; I've
exhausted
everything I know so I hoping someone out there has an answer.

I've installed MS exchange 2000 server but have been unable to get it
start. The error message I keep getting is as follows:

Process MAD.EXE" (PID=1336). All the remote Domain Controller Servers
in use
are not responding.

I've followed the various hints given in the newsgroup to remedy this
problem
but to no avail.

I resorted to using Network Monitor to capture the data that is being
passed over the network. When I start the exchange system attendant,
the exchange server queries each of our domain controllers in turn
sending it an LDAP request. The DC returns with a responce but the
exchange server then unbinds and moves to the next one.

I'm not too familiar with LDAP but here it what the exchange server is
asking the DC:

ProtocolOp: SearchRequest
Base Object =
Scope = Base Object
Deref Aliases = Never Deref Aliases
Size Limit = No Limit
Time Limit = 0x00000078
Attrs Only = 0 (0x0)
Filter Type = Present
Attribute Type = objectclass
Attribute Value = subschemaSubentry
Attribute Value = dsServiceName
Attribute Value = namingContexts
Attribute Value = defaultNamingContext
Attribute Value = schemaNamingContext
Attribute Value = configurationNamingContext
Attribute Value = rootDomainNamingContext
Attribute Value = supportedControl
Attribute Value = supportedLDAPVersion
Attribute Value = supportedLDAPPolicies
Attribute Value = supportedSASLMechanisms
Attribute Value = dnsHostName
Attribute Value = ldapServiceName
Attribute Value = serverName
Attribute Value = supportedCapabilities

The server responds with the following:
Object Name =
Attribute Type = subschemaSubentry
Attibute Value = CN=Aggregate,CN=Schema,CN=Configuration,DC=ourdomain,...
....plus all the other attribute values asked for.

What I suspect is the root of the problem is the lack of a returned
object name.
Does anyone know what object it is looking for and why it may not be
able to find it?

Regards,

Mark

MSExchangeSA fails to start

Post by Samuel Brook » Sat, 18 Jan 2003 21:19:26

Do you have an existing W2K AD Domain?
Do you run the Domain Pre stuff to add the Exchange 2000 info to the Schema?
Is your Global Catalog Server running and on the local Site?
Are you running a Mulit-Site W2K AD Domain?

Are you having any other issues with LDAP?

Quote:> Dear All,

> Thanks in advance for taking the time to read this post; I've
> exhausted
> everything I know so I hoping someone out there has an answer.

> I've installed MS exchange 2000 server but have been unable to get it
> start. The error message I keep getting is as follows:

> Process MAD.EXE" (PID=1336). All the remote Domain Controller Servers
> in use
> are not responding.

> I've followed the various hints given in the newsgroup to remedy this
> problem
> but to no avail.

> I resorted to using Network Monitor to capture the data that is being
> passed over the network. When I start the exchange system attendant,
> the exchange server queries each of our domain controllers in turn
> sending it an LDAP request. The DC returns with a responce but the
> exchange server then unbinds and moves to the next one.

> I'm not too familiar with LDAP but here it what the exchange server is
> asking the DC:

> ProtocolOp: SearchRequest
> Base Object =
> Scope = Base Object
> Deref Aliases = Never Deref Aliases
> Size Limit = No Limit
> Time Limit = 0x00000078
> Attrs Only = 0 (0x0)
> Filter Type = Present
> Attribute Type = objectclass
> Attribute Value = subschemaSubentry
> Attribute Value = dsServiceName
> Attribute Value = namingContexts
> Attribute Value = defaultNamingContext
> Attribute Value = schemaNamingContext
> Attribute Value = configurationNamingContext
> Attribute Value = rootDomainNamingContext
> Attribute Value = supportedControl
> Attribute Value = supportedLDAPVersion
> Attribute Value = supportedLDAPPolicies
> Attribute Value = supportedSASLMechanisms
> Attribute Value = dnsHostName
> Attribute Value = ldapServiceName
> Attribute Value = serverName
> Attribute Value = supportedCapabilities

> The server responds with the following:
> Object Name =
> Attribute Type = subschemaSubentry
> Attibute Value = CN=Aggregate,CN=Schema,CN=Configuration,DC=ourdomain,...
> ....plus all the other attribute values asked for.

> What I suspect is the root of the problem is the lack of a returned
> object name.
> Does anyone know what object it is looking for and why it may not be
> able to find it?

> Regards,

> Mark

1. Unable to start MSExchangeSA

Hi people,

I'm trying to install a new Exchange 2000 server but unfortunately, I'm
unable to start the System Attendant service. The details as shown by the
Application log are as follows:

Event Type: Error
Event Source: MSExchangeSA
Event Category: General
Event ID: 1005
Date:  11/20/2001
Time:  12:38:45 PM
User:  N/A
Computer: DNS01
Unexpected error There are no protocol sequences. Facility: Win32 ID no:
c00706b7 Microsoft Exchange System Attendant  occurred.

Obviously, the link that you see above did not manage to provide much
constructive information.... I hoping for a better suggestion here.
Really appreciate any help that's rendered. Hope to hear from some of you
experts out there real soon.

Thanks in advance

2. Error

3. MSExchangeSA will not start

4. E-Mail monitoring

5. Cannot Start MSExchangeMU and MSExchangeSA !

6. Duplicate emails

7. MSExchangeSA not starting on a EXchange2003 Frontend

8. Problem to set MS Outlook 97 on PC with MS Exchange 4.0 HELP !!!

9. MSExchangesa unable to start

10. Unable to start MSExchangeSA

11. MSExchangeSA does not start?

12. Unable to start MSExchangeSA