Exchange 2000 will not send/receive internal email

Exchange 2000 will not send/receive internal email

Post by Dan Wrigh » Fri, 14 Sep 2001 15:46:02

I have an exchange 2000 server which will not start
the "Microsoft Exchange Routing Engine". As a result I
cannot send or receive internal (or Internet) email.

Any ideas?

Exchange 2000 will not send/receive internal email

Post by John Westwort » Sat, 15 Sep 2001 20:42:55

Dan,

Are there any errors appearing in the event log ?

--
John Westworth

Please do not send email directly to this alias.  This is our online account
name for newsgroup participation only

Quote:> I have an exchange 2000 server which will not start
> the "Microsoft Exchange Routing Engine". As a result I
> cannot send or receive internal (or Internet) email.

> Any ideas?

1. exchange 2000 - Could not send/receive internal mail

I setup a SBS2000 server with exchange 2000. It's dual homed and setup
as ISA server. Let's say the AD domain is xyz.com,
However, my customer wants to configure email domain as
abc.company.com. Therefore, in recipient policy, I configure Primary

abc.company.com has not setup yet. In internal DNS, I configured a
forward zone for domain abc.company.com, with proper A record and MX
record.
Well, I could set external email but I can't send /receive internal
e-mail. From system manager, I checked the queue, a new queue
smtp-abc.company.com (SMTP connection -remote delivery) is created,
the mails are not delivered.From property of this queue, it said
"Unable to bind to the destination server in DNS. "

Could anyone tell me what's happening here, and what is the solution?

Thanks

2. Clean Mailbox

3. Cannot Send / Receive External & Receive Internal Email

4. Outlook2k config issue

5. Can not receive external mail, Can send and receive internal mail

6. Exchange 5.5 Installation

7. SMTP Email sent from New Exchange 2000 not received by AOL

8. DCOM error on reboot.

9. Send but not receive EMAIl Exchange 2000

10. I can not send or receive external email by using exchange server 2000

11. Hide internal Recipients but still send External email to them (Exchange 2000)

12. Internal Emails sent to CC aren't received

13. 5.5: Only certain clients can send/receive Interent Email - Internal Fine