Message gets stuck in Categorizer

Post by Sandr » Fri, 02 Nov 2001 07:42:15

Hello all,
   I currently have exchange 2000 setup on a server. I was
able to mail from exchange 2000 but currently it is not
working.  For some reason the messages I am now sending
are getting stuck in the categorizer.  I do have port 25
outbound on my firewall open.  Do I need to have inbound
port 25 open as well??  I do not need to have this
exchange server receive email.  I would just like for it
to be able to send email.  Also does anyone know if
exchange server uses port 110 at all??  I know this is for
Pop3.   I have tried using both exchange OWA and outlook
express to send out a message.  It seems that locally I
can send messages fine..only when I try to send messages
externally do I get an error.  I thank you in advance for
any assistance.
Thanks,
Sandro

Message gets stuck in Categorizer

Post by Clau » Fri, 02 Nov 2001 13:42:54

No, you don't need 110 if you only want to send. What delivery have you set
on the SMTP connector?

Quote:> Hello all,
>    I currently have exchange 2000 setup on a server. I was
> able to mail from exchange 2000 but currently it is not
> working.  For some reason the messages I am now sending
> are getting stuck in the categorizer.  I do have port 25
> outbound on my firewall open.  Do I need to have inbound
> port 25 open as well??  I do not need to have this
> exchange server receive email.  I would just like for it
> to be able to send email.  Also does anyone know if
> exchange server uses port 110 at all??  I know this is for
> Pop3.   I have tried using both exchange OWA and outlook
> express to send out a message.  It seems that locally I
> can send messages fine..only when I try to send messages
> externally do I get an error.  I thank you in advance for
> any assistance.
> Thanks,
> Sandro

Message gets stuck in Categorizer

Post by sandr » Sat, 03 Nov 2001 02:29:20

Thank you for your response.  I have looked at all the
settings and all seem to be fine.  Actually all are
default.  I thought a SMTP connector is only used if I am
connecting two exchange servers or another mail server.  I
currently just have one server running exchange and smtp.
I have the same setup for my development envinronment and
the email is sent from my exchange account to a hotmail
account.  Do I need an MX record for my DNS???  is that
why possibly hotmail is not accepting the mail.  Does each
mail server perform an NSLOOKUP.
Thanks,
Sandro

Quote:>-----Original Message-----