Moving Ex2k to Ex2k new server

Post by Mark Moor » Tue, 20 May 2003 01:34:21

Hello,
I'm having a problem finding a KB article or information
to move my exchange server. I brought up a new server in
the domain, loaded exch, and want to move the services and
mailboxes to the new server.
Thanks,
Mark

Moving Ex2k to Ex2k new server

Post by Melissa Travers [MSFT » Tue, 20 May 2003 04:45:35

Hi Mark

See the following article

Q297289 XADM: How to Move Exchange 2000 to New Hardware and Keep the Same
Server
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;Q297289

Hope this helps

--
Melissa Travers, MCSE
Microsoft Exchange Support

purposes only.

Quote:> Hello,
> I'm having a problem finding a KB article or information
> to move my exchange server. I brought up a new server in
> the domain, loaded exch, and want to move the services and
> mailboxes to the new server.
> Thanks,
> Mark

Moving Ex2k to Ex2k new server

Post by Mark Moor » Tue, 20 May 2003 23:12:55

Thanks for the reply. I don't actually want to keep the
same name. I want to move everything over to the new
server. Transfer the setup and then the data.
Thanks,
Mark
Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>Hi Mark

>See the following article

>Q297289 XADM: How to Move Exchange 2000 to New Hardware
and Keep the Same
>Server
>http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-
US;Q297289

>Hope this helps

>--
>Melissa Travers, MCSE
>Microsoft Exchange Support

>Please do not send email directly to this alias. This

alias is for newsgroup

>purposes only.

confers no rights.

Post by Andy David [MVP » Tue, 20 May 2003 23:24:42

http://www.swinc.com/resource/e2kfaq_appxa.htm

>Thanks for the reply. I don't actually want to keep the
>same name. I want to move everything over to the new
>server. Transfer the setup and then the data.
>Thanks,
>Mark

>>> Mark