Kerberos Authentication

Post by Mike » Thu, 10 Jul 2003 04:34:46

All,

I have Googled through many of the posts concerning this issue but cannot find a definite response or fix/solution.  I am getting an SMTP connection from an outside source that is attempting to validate (The AD security log files show Event ID's 681 - Failed Logon and 529 - Unknown username password) using Kerberos.  At the same time the E2K application event log (MSExchangeTransport turned up to Max) is logging the 1706 error -

It is treating exchange02 as the user and corp as the domain in the AD security log entry. It only happens with certain hosts and only happens about 5 - 6 times a day with hundreds of other hosts connecting without this logon attempt.  I don't believe my database is corrupted.

Is there something turned on my E2K server that tells these hosts to try to negotiate logon?

Kerberos Authentication

Post by Ebony Smit » Thu, 10 Jul 2003 04:46:50

 think it is bogus.

What are your inbound authentication settings ? They might have authentication configured for outbound if they are Exchange servers also.

[...]

Post by Mike » Thu, 10 Jul 2003 23:21:23

The defaults - anonymous, basic and intergrated are checked.  My outbound is anonymous.

[...]

1. Kerberos Authentication

Does anybody know if you can turn off Kerberos authentication in a Windows
2000 server network with Exchange 2000 ?  I have a third party company that
monitors our internet connection through a firewall and says the exchange
2000 server is using kerberos on outgoing SMTP connections.  Which is
causing them more difficulty on monitoring the connections and traffic.  Can
you turn off Kerberos and is it recommended ?

Thanks in advance,

Morley

2. remote exchange client

3. BETA Disable Kerberos Authentication on Front-end Servers

4. Distribution List Created in Exchange Container Shows up as Single Entry in GAL

5. Kerberos Authentication

6. Problem with attribute 'Prohibit send and receive' for import directory

7. Step 1: BANG HEAD HERE (ADC installation)

8. Exchange authentication with kerberos

9. RRAS Authentication with Kerberos, Is it possible?

10. Kerberos Key Distribution Center

11. kerberos problem