Sizing

Post by Scott Saldan » Sat, 12 Jul 2003 21:15:36

Is there a guide, bible, what have you, that shows
recommendations for sizing a server based on the number of
users, etc.

Basically, we have four companies and we need to come to a
consensus on mailbox sizes, limits on send/receive sizes,
that sort of thing.

Some people demand that we let them keep anything and
everything and have even gotten upset when our mail server
won't accept or send a 100mb attachment. You can talk
about bandwidth limitations to them until you're blue in
the face, but they just ask why they can't do it when
you're done.

Sizing

Post by Carlos Dinapoli [arg » Sun, 13 Jul 2003 01:46:38

check in RK de Exchange.

Chapter 15 taking about Sizing Servers.

Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>Is there a guide, bible, what have you, that shows
>recommendations for sizing a server based on the number
of
>users, etc.

>Basically, we have four companies and we need to come to
>consensus on mailbox sizes, limits on send/receive sizes,
>that sort of thing.

>Some people demand that we let them keep anything and
>everything and have even gotten upset when our mail
server
>won't accept or send a 100mb attachment. You can talk
>about bandwidth limitations to them until you're blue in
>the face, but they just ask why they can't do it when
>you're done.
>.

1. IS size too big, doesn't correlated to real mail size

We where having backup problems(namely, tape full) that last week didn't
existed!.
after a research, i've found that the sum of the mailboxes gives something
like 2GB, but the IS is occupying 4.8GB!!(2.8GB STM, 2GB mdb).
Is there any way to "resync" or "compact" the IS?

if this is of any use:
We're not AV scanning the folder, there are no tombstoned
mailboxes(everything is exactly the same as it was before), nor an abnormal
rise in email use(not even a raise), the log files are cleared accordingly.

PS: i've activated that mail gets sended both in html and plain text, but
that was about a motnh ago, do you think that's the problem?

any helps is greatly appreciated

2. Remote Administration

3. difference between Mailbox Size and Private Store Size - Exchange 5.5 SP4

4. Domain name too long.

5. max mailbox size, max pub folder size

6. Adding Exchange 2k into Exchange 5.5.... name problem

7. message size and mailbox size?

8. OWA and Exadmin Virtual Directory

9. Exchange 5.5 Information store size/Mailbox size limits

10. 16 Gb File Size Limit - How To Determine File Size

11. total mailbox size not eq to edb size

12. exchange mailbox resource size and pst file size

13. Folder Size does not match .pst File Size