Central Address book in Exchange 2000 Server

Central Address book in Exchange 2000 Server

Post by Mauric » Sat, 16 Nov 2002 07:05:15

How can I create a central address book in Exchange 2000
Server?

Recently we got an Exchange 2000 server. In the past we
used Outlook Express on a stand alone basis. Everyone had
his own address book.
Now I want to create one central address book with the
external contacts in it that should be the default address
book for everyone. Everyone can access it but only I can
modify it.
How can I create it???

Maurice.

Central Address book in Exchange 2000 Server

Post by Mark Fugat » Sat, 16 Nov 2002 07:23:25

You have a couple of options:

1. Create the external contacts as Contacts in Active Directory Users and
Computers and they will then appear in your Global Address List
2. Create a Public Folder for holding the contacts and you will then assign
the appropriate permissions to that folder.

--
Mark Fugatt
Pentech Office Solutions Inc

Quote:> How can I create a central address book in Exchange 2000
> Server?

> Recently we got an Exchange 2000 server. In the past we
> used Outlook Express on a stand alone basis. Everyone had
> his own address book.
> Now I want to create one central address book with the
> external contacts in it that should be the default address
> book for everyone. Everyone can access it but only I can
> modify it.
> How can I create it???

> Maurice.

Central Address book in Exchange 2000 Server

Post by Mauric » Sat, 16 Nov 2002 08:36:34

Thanx

Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>You have a couple of options:

>1. Create the external contacts as Contacts in Active
Directory Users and
>Computers and they will then appear in your Global
Address List
>2. Create a Public Folder for holding the contacts and

you will then assign
>the appropriate permissions to that folder.

>--
>Mark Fugatt
>Pentech Office Solutions Inc
>www.exchangetrainer.com and www.4mcts.com
>Visit www.msexchange.org for practical information on
Microsoft Exchange

>--- Please respond to this newsgroup and not directly via
Email ---

>> How can I create a central address book in Exchange 2000
>> Server?

>> Recently we got an Exchange 2000 server. In the past we
>> used Outlook Express on a stand alone basis. Everyone
had
>> his own address book.
>> Now I want to create one central address book with the
>> external contacts in it that should be the default
address
>> book for everyone. Everyone can access it but only I can
>> modify it.
>> How can I create it???

>> Maurice.

>.

1. Central Address Book

Is there a way to have a "central" address book separate from the GAL that
contains a few distribution lists?

A few people here correspond with the same people from a few other companies
on a regular basis while a particular study is going on.
I was thinking of possibly setting up a "company" heading with a couple of
distribution lists under the company heading that a user here could select
depending on who they want to contact. They really don't want to put these
distribution lists in our GAL.

What would be the best way to accomplish this using Windows 2k Advanced
server, Exchange 2k server and users all have Office 2k on Win 2k Pro?

TIA
DDS

2. Adding functionality to Exchange System Manager

3. HELP!!! I need to configure my Exchage Server 5.5 to refuse spam...

4. Configuring address book to point to externally hosted exchange 2000 server

5. Unable to Install Exchange 5.5 on Terminal Server

6. Sharing the global Address book with another exchange 2000 Server

7. 3Qs: Firewall Setup (DMZ/LAN) & NT Server Type [PDC/MemberSrvr] & Fax Options

8. Accessing exchange server public folders and address books from Outlook 2000 in Internet mode

9. outlook address book vs pab vs global address books with exch server 4.0

10. Howto export Outlook 2000 addressbook to Exchange 2000 global address book

11. Connection from Access 2000 to Exchange 2000 Address book

12. Deploying Project Central with Exchange 2000 Web Store