Delete Public Folder?

Post by Pat McGilvra » Sat, 31 Aug 2002 03:08:29

I need to delete a public folder which I don't have permissions for.  It
seems a user created them eons ago, was the only one with permissions, and
has long since been deleted.  Any help here would be hot.

--
Pat McGilvray

Delete Public Folder?

Post by Twilighttim » Sat, 31 Aug 2002 03:42:05

you must have administrative rights.

open system manager
Server
"server name"
first storage group ( or what its under if you have multiple groups)
public folder store
public folders
right click the folder in question. choose properties
permissions tab
client permissions
give yourself owner rights
now you can delete it via outlook.

TT

> I need to delete a public folder which I don't have permissions for.  It
> seems a user created them eons ago, was the only one with permissions, and
> has long since been deleted.  Any help here would be hot.

> --
> Pat McGilvray

Delete Public Folder?

Post by Pat McGilvra » Sat, 31 Aug 2002 04:59:44

In System Manager, whenever I try to open the properties of these folders
(or any newly created public folder, for that matter) I get the following
message:
"The object is no longer available.  Press F5 to refresh the display and
then try again.
ID no.:  80040e19
Exchange System Manager"

> you must have administrative rights.

> open system manager
> Server
> "server name"
> first storage group ( or what its under if you have multiple groups)
> public folder store
> public folders
> right click the folder in question. choose properties
> permissions tab
> client permissions
> give yourself owner rights
> now you can delete it via outlook.

> TT

> > I need to delete a public folder which I don't have permissions for.  It
> > seems a user created them eons ago, was the only one with permissions,
and
> > has long since been deleted.  Any help here would be hot.

> > --
> > Pat McGilvray

Delete Public Folder?

Post by Mark Fugat » Sat, 31 Aug 2002 05:29:00

You need to take a look at this link to start with:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q282125

--
Mark Fugatt
Pentech Office Solutions Inc

> In System Manager, whenever I try to open the properties of these folders
> (or any newly created public folder, for that matter) I get the following
> message:
> "The object is no longer available.  Press F5 to refresh the display and
> then try again.
> ID no.:  80040e19
> Exchange System Manager"

> > you must have administrative rights.

> > open system manager
> > Server
> > "server name"
> > first storage group ( or what its under if you have multiple groups)
> > public folder store
> > public folders
> > right click the folder in question. choose properties
> > permissions tab
> > client permissions
> > give yourself owner rights
> > now you can delete it via outlook.

> > TT

> > > I need to delete a public folder which I don't have permissions for.
It
> > > seems a user created them eons ago, was the only one with permissions,
> and
> > > has long since been deleted.  Any help here would be hot.

> > > --
> > > Pat McGilvray

1. Deleting public folder from outlook address book when public folder already dele

Dear Sir/Madam,

I had created a public folder on exchange 5.5[via my outlook]and added the folder
to two peoples outllook address book.I then subsequentially deleted that folder
without first removing it as an entry in the users outlook address book. Can I
still delete that as an entry, Can You help?

Kind Regards!
Raymond Yeo

2. Event log messages?

3. Unable to delete smtp address after deleting Public Folder

4. Missing Internet Mail Service in Exchange client 5.0

5. Cannot delete Public Folder created by deleted user.

6. AutoEmail log files

7. Deleted public folders remain in folder hierarchy

8. !10, 000 bucks, Easy!

9. deleting public folders

10. Deleting Public Folder

11. Can't delete public folder!

12. Deleting Public Folders from Exchange Administrator

13. Recover Deleted Public Folders