XADM: A Memory Leak in Store.exe Degrades Performance

XADM: A Memory Leak in Store.exe Degrades Performance

Post by Vincent Hon » Wed, 26 Feb 2003 09:02:33

After installing Exchange 2000 Server service pack 3,
store.exe memory usage is still growing rapidly. It grows
from 200 mb to 800 mb in 2 days. It is currently using 800
mb of ram out of 1 GB of ram. Any ideas?

XADM: A Memory Leak in Store.exe Degrades Performance

Post by William Lefkovics [MVP » Wed, 26 Feb 2003 11:52:18

Is performance degrading?  What you are describing sounds normal and healthy
to me.

store.exe uses the lesser of all available memory or all the memory it
needs.  This is normal.  It will concede memory to other apps that need it.
This process is called Dynamic Buffer Allocation.

You didn't want all that memory to sit there unused, did you?

--
William Lefkovics, MCSE, A+, ExchangeMVP

Quote:> After installing Exchange 2000 Server service pack 3,
> store.exe memory usage is still growing rapidly. It grows
> from 200 mb to 800 mb in 2 days. It is currently using 800
> mb of ram out of 1 GB of ram. Any ideas?

XADM: A Memory Leak in Store.exe Degrades Performance

Post by Vincent Hon » Thu, 27 Feb 2003 03:01:23

Performance is not degrading at the moment. I will monitor
this for a week and let you know. Nevertheless, your
opinion makes a lot of sense. Thanks.

1. Store.exe leaks memory until the Information Store stops responding

The information store memory usage grows slowly until the
server gets a lot of requests at once. Then is starts
using Memory like crazy (as quick as 5mins) until the
Virtual Memory is out. The store stops responding at that
point and will not answer requests. I cannot get the store
to stop at this point. It requires a restart to get
exchange back.

The server is an Exchange 2000 SP3, PIII 1Ghz, 512 RAM,
768 Virtual RAM. My current workaround is to restart the
Information Store before it runs out of VM. I have read
the previous posts about Exchange 2000 and Memory usage
this seems to be a different issue.

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks, Jake

2. "Not enough memory" error on enough memory system

3. Store.exe leaking memory

4. What is USENET site name?

5. IIS and STORE.exe memory leak

6. OWA licensing