"Delegate control" Exchange 2000 questions

"Delegate control" Exchange 2000 questions

Post by bob » Fri, 30 Aug 2002 13:42:03

Hi,

I want to delgate control of 1 container in our Exchange 2000 user to
an ordinary domain user (not an admin). The only rights I want this
user to have is "edit" permissions on fields which appear in the
Outlook GAL. The user is running Windows 2000 and has the ESM
installed.

I created a security group called DLADMIN and added this user to it.
I followed the "Delegate Control" wizard, created a custom task,
selected Exchange Container objects, then the appropriate permissions,
and gave the security group delegate control over 1 container.

When I look at the permissions of the container, the DLADMIN group is
there but has no rights. When I look at permissions of individual
accounts in the container, the DLADMIN group appears but has no
rights.

Any idea where I'm going wrong? Advice? Thank you.

Post by Bryan Nyc » Sat, 31 Aug 2002 04:29:56

> Hi,

> I want to delgate control of 1 container in our Exchange 2000 user to
> an ordinary domain user (not an admin). The only rights I want this
> user to have is "edit" permissions on fields which appear in the
> Outlook GAL. The user is running Windows 2000 and has the ESM
> installed.

> I created a security group called DLADMIN and added this user to it.
> I followed the "Delegate Control" wizard, created a custom task,
> selected Exchange Container objects, then the appropriate permissions,
> and gave the security group delegate control over 1 container.

> When I look at the permissions of the container, the DLADMIN group is
> there but has no rights. When I look at permissions of individual
> accounts in the container, the DLADMIN group appears but has no
> rights.

> Any idea where I'm going wrong? Advice? Thank you.

Do they have "no rights", or Advanced rights?

Check the Advanced button on the security tab to see if additional
permissions are present.

Bryan Nyce

"Delegate control" Exchange 2000 questions

Post by bobo » Sun, 01 Sep 2002 02:42:49

thanks for that. Looks like the correct permissions are visible under the
Advanced button on the security tab.

> > Hi,

> > I want to delgate control of 1 container in our Exchange 2000 user to
> > an ordinary domain user (not an admin). The only rights I want this
> > user to have is "edit" permissions on fields which appear in the
> > Outlook GAL. The user is running Windows 2000 and has the ESM
> > installed.

> > I created a security group called DLADMIN and added this user to it.
> > I followed the "Delegate Control" wizard, created a custom task,
> > selected Exchange Container objects, then the appropriate permissions,
> > and gave the security group delegate control over 1 container.

> > When I look at the permissions of the container, the DLADMIN group is
> > there but has no rights. When I look at permissions of individual
> > accounts in the container, the DLADMIN group appears but has no
> > rights.

> > Any idea where I'm going wrong? Advice? Thank you.

> Do they have "no rights", or Advanced rights?

> Check the Advanced button on the security tab to see if additional
> permissions are present.

> Bryan Nyce

1. Please Help""""""""""""""

Dear All

Could you tell me if any problems reported on Exchange 5.5 with SP4 on
Windows2000 Server and analogue connection (DUN)

The reason of this question because since I upgraded exchange 5.5 sp3 to 4
my e-mails stock in the queue for very very long time or not delivered at
all.

2. OWA to Mutliple Exchange Servers

3. Delegating "Full Exchange Administrator" rights

4. forwarding mails

5. Setting up a "delegate recipient"

6. Service Pack 3

7. "Stranded" delegate

8. Unable to delete user

9. ""Exchange in Win98 ?????""

10. Using the ActiveCalendar Control from "TheBusterGroup"

11. """"Microsoft Fax options""""

12. Questions on Exchange "Maintenance"

13. Exchange "Custom Command" question