Exchange public folder linked to Access

Post by C Hir » Tue, 15 Jul 2003 12:41:19

My basic question is how do I link an Exchange public
folder created by a user (administrator-level) into an
Access MDB.

I follow the standard Link process, but get a msg that
says 'MAPI store ... unavailable in current profile.. can
occur with profiles working offline from server and
trying to link to a folder or address book...'

Not being much of a server person, more a database
person, I'm scratching my head. The process does not work
with an MDB file on users PC or server.

The config is Win 2K, SBS, with Exchg 2K .. and Access Xp.
.

1. Possibly OT - Linking Public Folders to an Access database

This may be OT, as I am wanting to do this within MS Access 2000.

Within Access 2000, I have linked to a Public Folder which is an
appointment calendar for an Upholsterer

When I create the appointment in Outlook I can supply various bits of
information, in particular the 'Start' and 'End' times of the
appointment.

However, when I link the Public Folder and view it as a table, the
'Start' and 'End' times are not provided as fields!!
The only date and Time fields shown are related to when the
appointment is Received, Created and Last Modified.

This information is not visible when creating a linked table to the
public folder - I do not wish to do any modification to the
appointment information in the public folder, this can be achieved better within
Outlook itself.

This is a bit of a downer, as I want to be able view the 'Start' and
'End' times in order that the data can be used chronologically
somewhere else e.g. imported into Autoroute from Access.
Is there any way I can achieve this as it would be nice to have one
point of input (Outlook Public folders) and one place of capturing it
(my Access Database!)

I have been advised to use CDO and have viewed several related sites
but I'm at a blank!
Where I'm stuck is with the code! I've got a blank module with
references set to CDO 1.21 and Outlook 9.
I don't even know what to 'Dim' things as and this is what is
frustrating me!

I would be grateful to anyone who can just nudge me out of this rut,
with something to assist me and get me going - I'm somewhat stuck!

Thanks in advance.

Phil

BTW;
The overall objective is;
To extract the appointments data from this Outlook Public Folder,
Using the Customer Account number in the Subject field get the
Customer name, address & postcode (zipcode) from the Company system
database,
Import it all into Autoroute to get decent route planned out.
By not seeing the Start & End times of the appointment means I don't
know when the appointments are due!!

2. Cannot change OWA, Options, PASSword

3. linking to public folders from access

4. Event ID 7031

5. Access DB linked to public folders contacts problem

6. mailbox move

7. uniform replys

8. Linking Public Folder Contacts to Access

9. Linking public contacts folder to access 2000

10. Public Folders accessed by URL link

11. Linking Public Folder Contacts to Access

12. Outlook Web Access - linking direct to a public folder