Cant Debugger Exchange Agent Script

Post by Dennis O'Neil » Thu, 11 Nov 1999 04:00:00

NT 4.0 sp5, Exchange 5.5 sp3, vbscript 5.0.0.3715, IE 5.0
Visual Interdev 6.0 and Script de* 1.0a, Outlook 2000

I'm trying to make the script de* stop in my vbscript agent script.  It
seems to ignore the Stop command.  I use Script.Response logging and I log
output before and after the Stop statement.  Then I use outlook to cause the
script to execute and it executes fine, no script de* pops up, and the
logs say it got to the statement after the Stop.   Do I have something
configured wrong, anyone else get this to work?  I have a book by Tom Rizzo
that indicates a short section on Microsoft Script De* complete with
screenshot but I have yet to experience that.  I am logged into the exchange
service account on the exchange server machine.  I typically have Visual
interdev going as well, and I even launched the MS Script De* manually
just to get superstitious.  Nothing.   Any thoughts?

dennis

1. Cant get debugger to work for Exchange scripts.

I have read the very helpful page on cdolive about using the ms script
debugger to debug Exchange event scripts and followed the instructions:

1. Make sure that you are logged-on to the Microsoft Exchange Server
computer with the same Microsoft Windows NT account, which is used for the
Microsoft Exchange Server Event Service.  - YES

2. Also the mailbox which is used must have Owner permissions on the system
folder Folders\System Folders\Events Root\EventConfig_<Your Servername>.
- YES

"Otherwise the popup window with the Microsoft Script Debugger will not show
your script." This is what STILL happens!

A 'stop' in the script causes the debugger to pop-up on the console of the
Exchange server, where I am logged on as the user running the Exchange Event
service. Trouble is that the debugger window is empty! I cant get to or see
the code!

Anyone know how to get around this? It's really frustrating!

Al Blake,  Information Technology Manager
Secretariat of the Pacific Community.
BPD5 98848 Noumea Cedex.
New Caledonia.
Tel +687 26.01.44 Fax +687 26.38.18

2. Ex5.5 to Ex2000

3. debugger for Exchange Agent script never starts

4. exchange 5.5 and BACKUPS(arcserve or seagate?)

5. Exchange Server v5 installation errors

6. Script Debugger & Exchange 5.5 Scripts

7. Exchange server license

8. Script debugger and exchange server

9. Lost my Script Debugger!

10. Getting script debugger to kick in